license plates

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We can run original year plates in Illinois for cars that have antique auto plates. I found 1973 Manufacture plates on ebay for my car.

Great license plate with the number 1

I have an original 72 North Carolina Dealer tag on mine. Found it on eBay. Wanted it to look like it was still on the lot in 72. I even have an original 31 NC tag on my 31 Model A and a 69 NC tag on the convertible. Found them all on eBay. You just have to have your real tag in the trunk or under the seat here in Carolina.

Yup ..you can use them here too.....My cousin has a nice 1974 trans am with original plates on it...Only bad thing is...He gets pulled over alot for them..Sure there legal..But has to show his paper work all the time proving there legal....He thinkin about just putting the collector car plates on it...Just so he dont have to get pulled over all the time..lol

Here in the state of Victoria in Australia the plates on cars were black with white lettering from 1953 to 1977 with the simple abbreviation "VIC" at the top. After 1977 the plates turned white with green lettering and then later on it was (and still is) white with blue lettering.

I've always liked the period style black and whites on old cars as they don't stand out and they also don't generally clash with whatever colour the car might be. When I registered my car for the first time I was issued with the blue and white plates, but for an extra one off payment of 90 bucks I ordered a pair of vintage style black and whites with the same number which turned up a week later. They normally have a white border but I bought some cheap black plastic license plate frames to cover that up.

Before:

Ai6lD.jpg

After:

7fwbi.jpg

Back