Location of Tire Pressure Sticker

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLE PONY

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Conv.
01 Mustang Bullitt (my son owns now)
04 Oxford White Mach 1
04 Azure Blue Mach 1 (sold)
When I had my 73 repainted I removed the tire pressure decal from the right side door post. Since one corner of the original sticker curved over a contour in the door I was thinking about moving the replacement down and over some.

I'm curious how the other 71 to 73's were positioned; I doubt if it was an exact science when they were stuck on at the factory. How about posting up a pic of yours so we can all see how they were located?

Here's mine as it came from the factory:

DSCF4345.jpg

DSCF4346.jpg

Ready for the new decal:

DSCF8209.jpg

Here is a picture of the new decal installed. I moved it over slightly closer to the inside of the car so the top left edge does not wrap over the bevel.

If you noticed the sticker looks lumpy under the Mach 1 Tire Sizes your are right. There are some casting numbers in the metal there that protrude up under the sticker. You can see them also in the last picture from my first post above.

Since we have more members now than when I started this thread last September, maybe they will post pics of their sticker location.

DSCF1161.jpg

DSCF1163.jpg

That's interesting; so the 71's are on the passenger door and the 73's are on the passenger quarter panel door sill. So what about you 72 owner's?

I could only open the passenger door a crack as the car is against the wall in the garage......but looks like mine was in the same spot as yours was originally Mike.

[attachment=3364]

Last edited by a moderator:
71 on Pass door

72 and 73 on pass side door jamb

Don

I could only open the passenger door a crack as the car is against the wall in the garage......but looks like mine was in the same spot as yours was originally Mike.
Looks like yours has the same lump under the decal where the casting numbers are!

Don, that's a great info, I was wondering if it was haphazard thing or if it was changed by model year. Thanks

Back