M Code (not q) 4v torque converter

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul of MO

Reaction score
My Car
71 M Code Convert - Barn find
73 H Code Convert - Field find
73 H code - Latest Project
Need some info please.

I have a c6 out of a early 71 M code 4V. There seems to be plenty of info on the later Q code 4V having a higher stall converter but nothing about the M codes.

Does anyone know the factory stall speed of an M code, build date Dec of 70?

The C6 trans is correct to the car with the R servo and appears to have never been out.

The only stamping on the converter is a ford oval and a "65" next to one of the 4 mounting studs. There is a pink paint dab on the converter as well.

It is smooth with no ribbing and 12 inches across.

Thanks in advance!

Paul

Paul,

Did some research on this for my 73 Q code. It has the high stall with it and also had a C6. This one is identified with a letter on the case by one of the studs...dont remember but it is a B or C. I also found the letter identification somewhere in the shop manual so knew that I had the right one. Mine is also a 10" diameter and believe the larger 12" converters were the standard NOT high stall converters.

Jeff

Need some info please.

I have a c6 out of a early 71 M code 4V. There seems to be plenty of info on the later Q code 4V having a higher stall converter but nothing about the M codes.

Does anyone know the factory stall speed of an M code, build date Dec of 70?

The C6 trans is correct to the car with the R servo and appears to have never been out.

The only stamping on the converter is a ford oval and a "65" next to one of the 4 mounting studs. There is a pink paint dab on the converter as well.

It is smooth with no ribbing and 12 inches across.

Thanks in advance!

Paul

Back