Mach 1 hood edge trim/moulding , which is more like OEM?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankenstang71

Reaction score
My Car
71 M code, light pewter 4 spd. ram air, no stripes, no spoiler, deluxe or sport interior needs compete restoration .
Hello, I have 2 edge moldings side by side the grey is the ACP brand and the black is a dynacorn brand. Can anyone tell me which end piece is more like Original? Also pictured is the raised edge under the trim top, the acp piece is one continuous line where then dynacorn has interruptions in the raised part causing small gap in top. which is correct here? thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_5938.JPG
    IMG_5938.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5939.JPG
    IMG_5939.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
I bought the ACP part first. Found out it was actually about 1/4 inch narrower than the original. Ended up going with the one that had the “original Ford tooling “ label on it.

Normally ACP makes decent stuff, but on all of the front trim pieces I have tried it seems like they are trimming casting flash off WAY too aggressively and rounding / under sizing finished parts. It is unfortunate because it looks like the quality would be fine if they took away the industrial belt sander on the production line.

Back