Magnum 500 wheels

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naa10104

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, matching #'s H Code, Auto
Hello,

Trying to Idendtify my wheels.  On the inside of the wheels the following is inscribed  15 x 7.0 CUSTOM  J.J.' MADE IN USA DOT CTW 04 15 2013

I understand what most of the numbers mean as far as size, really trying to ID the manufacturer and what the J.J.' means ?  

Thanks !

Just like tires, wheels also have codes identifying certain aspects of them. J refers to the bead profile, the double J means the profile is the same on inner and outer profiles. J code is the most common for cars and light trucks and the tire bead must also have this same bead code and profile.

http://www.rimsandtiresmag.com/how-to-identify-wheel-markings/

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like tires, wheels also have codes identifying certain aspects of them. J refers to the bead profile, the double J means the profile is the same on inner and outer profiles. J code is the most common for cars and light trucks and the tire bead must also have this same bead code and profile.

http://www.rimsandtiresmag.com/how-to-identify-wheel-markings/
Thanks, any way to determine the manufacturer from what I have provided ?  don't think there are any other markings on the wheels. Not sure what the offset is ...guess I would have to take a wheel off and so some measuring.  Thanks

Don I learned something new today but will forget it tonight when I sleep.

Here is a pic of the 14" magnum 500 that was Ford installed. Had the Ford logo and part number I think was ranchero maybe. Our mustangs in 71 72 got 15".

I do not like them since no center hole to locate the wheel and support the weight of the car.

That is the same wheel in all the pics it spent couple weeks in the molasses tank and that is the difference it makes. Leaves paint on also. Spray clear on and they look great.

Back