Manual Valve Broken

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73' Mustang Hardtop- 302 2v V8
So I just finished getting the heavy work out of rebuilding my C4 transmission due to a broken intermediate band. Now, I am focussing on the valve body and noticed that the "manual valve" is broken. I cannot find any new ones online, not even in valve body kits.

I know someone who does some crazy welding, however I rather not have to rip the transmission apart if the weld doesn't hold. Is there anywhere I can get this part NEW?

Should I just invest in a whole new valve body while I have it out?

20150607_161639_zpswlrmvcmh.jpg

I figured I should get a new valve body. Maybe I can go to the car yard and find a car with a c4 in it. Pull the oil pan and take the part I want so I don't have to pay for a whole new body.

Although that is a nice deal I am not a fan of buying off eBay.. I rather buy a valve body with a warrantee of some sort. I found a valve body made by Performance Automatic that I may purchase off of the Jegs website.

I wonder if the manual valve from a C5 will work... I have two C5 valve bodies that are never gonna be used again.
I heard the c4 and c5 are VERY similar.

I was gonna use a c5 in my Bronco II 302 swap. But ended up finding a complete drive train with a c4.

I could have sworn I read not to buy from TCI. I heard a lot of people have issues with their valve bodys after installing the TCI shift kit. Not sure how true that is. However, that is great price!

I wonder if the measurements of the part are the same from a C5 valve body

I appreciate what you are willing to do totalled but before you do that let me see if I can find one in the car yard. I wouldn't want you losing out on selling a whole valve body because that one part is missing. They are pretty expensive.

You guys are all great by the way. Thank you for all the quick responses. I am missing out on a whole summer with my car again.. :( you guys all understand how much that hurts. Especially when you see all the old cars driving around to shows and such

UPDATE

Went to a local transmission shop this morning to see if they had the manual valve or could order one. I was going to buy a new valve body but after reviewing my wallet and thinking about other parts I could get the car I decided to find the part instead.

They guy said that the c4's were hard to come by? He had ONE valve body and pulled the valve out and gave it to me for nothing. Maybe because I am a lady in all lmao!

Anyway, transmission is all together and now I just need to put it back in and cross my fingers.This was my first ever transmission rebuild and I hope that I did everything right.

Back