Maxjax - Two Post Lift - Experiences?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande will undergo three phase build process. Phase 1 is complete (driver). Phase 2 is interior/exterior restoration. Phase 3 is ++ performance.
I currently have a home made set of wheel chucks, the old 2x4 type, and as I ponder the next year of restorative services on my car, I keep going back to this “portable lift” system, especially how others have found the portable-ness of it. Did you get what you expected from it or was something better or worse? How portable is it! I notice you still have to bolt it to the concrete floor; for those who have installed and removed several times, how are the concrete inserts holding up? I worry they will loosen over time. I have limited space and if I get this unit, I’ll have even less, so I want to try and be smart about this (you may ask why now 😁). Appreciate any advice.

I have one.. They are a decent small lift.. I haven't noticed any loosing of the anchors and have moved the posts a few time.. You do have to rebleed the lines everytime you unhook them to move stuff around..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240122_085201_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240122_085201_Instagram.jpg
    650.6 KB · Views: 2
I don’t have experience with these but for a low ceiling height looks like it would be a lot nicer than using a floor jack and stands.

Personally, if your space is tight and low, MaxJax are a godsend for smaller, lighter cars (at least I feel safer underneath). Installed mine in 2011 in a tight two-car garage to keep two cars, so it had to be close to one wall to get them both in. Makes doing brake work a snap as the wheels are chest height. Used a seated creeper for work underneath. Stored my Cobra while not driving it. The older MaxJax model didn't have the newer ratcheted system they have now. Could only set it to two heights - middle and top - by inserting a bars to keep the arms in position and unloading the rams. No problems, no leaks, no need to re-bleed them after moving/reinstalling (can't figure why 1971sportsroofRcode had that trouble). I moved to another home with larger space and a 9' ceiling in 2019 (where the Mach is now), installed new anchors and easily lifted my 3/4 Chevy truck ton to the first detent. Ceiling height prevented it from getting much higher. But my Nissan D21 hardbody pickup got all the way to the top, juuuuust clearing the ceiling. Felt safe under the Nissan and Cobra. Haven't used it yet for the Mach 1 or Shelby Mustang. As long as I can get the safety bar in and relieve ram pressure, I'd feel safe under either car (except my Chevy truck - too close to the max capacity). You're really only limited by your ceiling in most cases.

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 7.50.11 AM.png

This is at max height.

The quick connects leak a tad when they are unplugged on mine.. One cycle up and crack the bleeders then good to go
Yes, 1971sportsroofRcode, a tiny bit. If one is disconnecting often then yes - burping is a good idea - and extremely easy - I mistakenly may have assumed you had larger “leaks”.

Back