Memory Lane

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always a sucker for something that jogs my memories or emotions from a previous experience. Looks like a sweet find and was meant to be. Welcome from the Pacific Northwest!!

I'll be posting pics right from the time it get's loaded to when I get to actually drive it. I'm not taking it far on 20 plus year old tires...

Here's a question for you guys. I've scoured the different forum topics and web sites but unless I'm not searching for the right key words I can't find the information I'm looking for. I need to get a new windshield. If you look closely you can see where a brick 'somehow' managed to impact the glass. The glass shops are telling me they have listings for a '72 coupe and a hard top. The coupe glass lists at 64" wide, the hard top at 62". I've had the current glass measured in mine at just under 62". I suppose it's possible that someone at some point replaced the glass in this car but I'm wondering if anyone knows what the exact width and height is supposed to be, and why would there be two listings for the same car??

Saweeeeeet!! Awesome find. I'd love to add a Sprint one day. I'm looking forward to the pics. Does it have 14 or 15 inch rims? In the trunk passenger side it should have a funny looking bracket if it came with 15".

Our member, Rex, knows more about sprints than anyone I know plus there are several other sprint owners on here. If I'm not mistaken Rex runs the sprint registry website as well. Here's a link to the registry: http://www.1972mustangsprint.com/

Saweeeeeet!! Awesome find. I'd love to add a Sprint one day. I'm looking forward to the pics. Does it have 14 or 15 inch rims? In the trunk passenger side it should have a funny looking bracket if it came with 15".

Our member, Rex, knows more about sprints than anyone I know plus there are several other sprint owners on here. If I'm not mistaken Rex runs the sprint registry website as well. Here's a link to the registry: http://www.1972mustangsprint.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Great find. Welcome to the site. I also have a 72 and am amazed at how many 72 Mustangs are on the site compared to 71 and 73's since there were less of the 1972 Mustangs built. Have fun with your new purchase.

Is thre an echo in here today:huh:

I'll be posting pics right from the time it get's loaded to when I get to actually drive it. I'm not taking it far on 20 plus year old tires...

Here's a question for you guys. I've scoured the different forum topics and web sites but unless I'm not searching for the right key words I can't find the information I'm looking for. I need to get a new windshield. If you look closely you can see where a brick 'somehow' managed to impact the glass. The glass shops are telling me they have listings for a '72 coupe and a hard top. The coupe glass lists at 64" wide, the hard top at 62". I've had the current glass measured in mine at just under 62". I suppose it's possible that someone at some point replaced the glass in this car but I'm wondering if anyone knows what the exact width and height is supposed to be, and why would there be two listings for the same car??
I would assume your guess is right on the windshield being replaced at some time in the past. If you have the car at home and can remove the trim around the glass you will see how much of a gap you have. They may have siliconed the heck out of it if it is the wrong size. That stuff is a bear to try and get out. I would check with a couple of glass shops to get more feedback on the correct dimensions. Here is a link to a shop I have used several times and they are good guys with classic glass needs. For an extra charge they can also date code it to match the rest of your glass dates if you are interested in going back to original.

www.psautoglass.com

And welcome to the forum. Please keep us posted as you progress on your project and let us know if you have any questions.

Well I got to bring it home today. Will be posting pictures as soon as soon as I can find the camera cable. I suppose these new pics should end up in my 'garage'. Up on the trailer it seems to have a bit more rot that I first thought however all in all really not too bad. Rear quarter panels at the bottom, fenders beside the bottoms of the doors and a little hole in the passenger outer rocker (but so far tapping with a hammer hasn't found anymore than the hole). The floors and frame rails are near perfect though. The big question is do I patch the fenders or simply replace them ... ;)

I noticed that the car ran pretty crappy though. It starts just fine and while it's 'cool' seems to do ok but after a short while I found I had to apply the brakes and feather the throttle to keep it moving slowly. Knowing this I looked under the hood and it seems that a lot of the vacuum hoses are missing! The ... PVS? ... is totally devoid of rubber tubing. Go figure. I wonder what kind of a whiskey still the hoses were robbed for on the farm it was found on.

Well I got to bring it home today. Will be posting pictures as soon as soon as I can find the camera cable. I suppose these new pics should end up in my 'garage'. Up on the trailer it seems to have a bit more rot that I first thought however all in all really not too bad. Rear quarter panels at the bottom, fenders beside the bottoms of the doors and a little hole in the passenger outer rocker (but so far tapping with a hammer hasn't found anymore than the hole). The floors and frame rails are near perfect though. The big question is do I patch the fenders or simply replace them ... ;)

I noticed that the car ran pretty crappy though. It starts just fine and while it's 'cool' seems to do ok but after a short while I found I had to apply the brakes and feather the throttle to keep it moving slowly. Knowing this I looked under the hood and it seems that a lot of the vacuum hoses are missing! The ... PVS? ... is totally devoid of rubber tubing. Go figure. I wonder what kind of a whiskey still the hoses were robbed for on the farm it was found on.

easy on the whiskey still we kinda like them around here

I would try and repair the existing sheetmetal parts (fenders) vs. buying replacements, they never seem to fit right, and you know the originals will be a perfict fit.

Well, I added some pictures to the Garage but there are more of my adventure to pick up the car. I TOLD you this sprint was wedged into the guy's garage. When I started taking pictures he already had his fastback rolled out onto the driveway. I even added a couple I'm sure will generate some interest (I'm talking about the almost completed fastback ... It WAS a quarter mile car but the guy is bringing it back to street legal). Here's hoping I attached the files correctly.

72 sprint 001.jpg

72 sprint 002.jpg

72 sprint 006.jpg

72 sprint 004.jpg

72 sprint 008.jpg

72 sprint 011.jpg

72 sprint 012.jpg

72 sprint 013.jpg

72 sprint 021.jpg

72 sprint 019.jpg

72 sprint 029.jpg

Nice find and welcome from a fellow newb to this site!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back