Met with Mike (mach71351c)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gibson_Junk

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Coupe 351C
1969 Mustang Coupe EMPTY
Well, He bought my 72 Coupe from me after we agreed on a deal. Then just this weekend we tore it up. Removed the engine, trans, fenders, bumper, hood, grill and the works. Tore down my engine a little. Removed the pumps and pulleys. Had a hell of a time with a few bolts on the heads. and I personally learned a lot. Mike is just full of knowledge and really seems to enjoy sharing it. And believe me I was all ears.

What I ended up taking away from this was that my heads are not the 2v Cleveland but instead the 400m heads and that the bolts at crazy amounts of carbon build up. Learned that my engine had been torn down at some point as it has been bored .30 over. Good to know. Also learned more and more about the engines and trans. And some good practices when it comes to things.

Overall all a great guy. And his wife was really nice too. Def. will be keeping in touch and hopefully I can use his Garage again when its time to put the motor in the 69 :D

First off let me say this, Zach is one out standing young man.

Zach and I got together yesterday for a ten hour wrench fest on the 72 Coupe and what fun it was. I must admit I was wondering what I was getting my self into before he arrived at my house.:D I knew within 5 mins it was going to be a good day.:cool: Not knowing what kinda ( wrench ) Zach was,He's a natural. All I can tell you is this kid gave me and my tool the up most respect and maid sure my garage was all cleaned up before he left. It was too cool sharing my little shop and Mustang knowledge with Zach.

Zach for sure keep in touch.

My camera battery's were dead so I failed on taking pics.

Mike.

parts car #5 006.jpg

parts car #5 007.jpg

parts car #5 008.jpg

parts car #5 009.jpg

Head bolts are the worst sometimes..lol...Atleast you got them out...Sounds like you had good help doing it all.....You planning on getting some regular cleveland heads for it?

Back