Mini Starter

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DJ, you are the man! That's a nice retrofit my friend!
Good to hear from you Evan! How's project Boss coming along? Search DBElectrical on ebay. He has brand spank'n new starters and not refurbs. I got mine for $20 off Craigslist :)

Just to add my 2 cents: I still use the original one that came with the car. Let´s see how long that on will last.... :)
Do we include the 10 years service on the 2002 v6 or start from yesterday? :p

Thanks and I may not be the guy to give the proper feedback of how well this retrofit works under daily use conditions cause I take her out maybe once a week. Good thing is that it's confirmed and fits like a glove. Cranks my old 351C 4v motor with ease.

Later,

DJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmed! I went out and got a mini starter from a 2002 3.8l v6 Mustang with Auto trans. Fits like a glove..Starts great and feels easier to start...Much lighter in weight...Much smaller in size...Less than 20min to install...New Permanent Magnet Gear Reduction (PMGR) Technology solves heat soak... I took the starter and stock wires from the 2002 and this made installation a breeze. The only wire from the stock 2002 harness used was the white/red strip solenoid wire. Now all I needed was asphalt wire sheath to protect the white/red stripe wire and a 10awg eye/ring
Very nice!

Confirmed! I went out and got a mini starter from a 2002 3.8l v6 Mustang with Auto trans. Fits like a glove..Starts great and feels easier to start...Much lighter in weight...Much smaller in size...Less than 20min to install...New Permanent Magnet Gear Reduction (PMGR) Technology solves heat soak... I took the starter and stock wires from the 2002 and this made installation a breeze. The only wire from the stock 2002 harness used was the white/red strip solenoid wire. Now all I needed was asphalt wire sheath to protect the white/red stripe wire and a 10awg eye/ring
Very nice!
Thanks! I've started my car at least 10x in the garage since the install just because :D

i used a reman'd 71 429SCJ starter from kragen/o'reiley's. the thing is pretty much like a mini starter with the separate solenoid mounted to it and with a heat shield. however, its just not so mini really. its the size of a regular starter with the solenoid on it so its huge.

i'm going to go with a high toque mini starter if this one goes but its going to be hard to give up the "LIFETIME WARRANTY" thing at kragen on this starter.

Back