misrepresented Craigslist ad

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DANG.... I thought we were blasting a completely innocent person not attached to this site...just someone selling a car :D I thought he was fair game....you know kinda like watching Marlin Perkins on Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

1170350106.jpg

So the story line .... we watch the amazing transformation of the Mach I owners kin to the all too familiar Lion pride lounging about snoozing under the trees.... the unsuspecting Mustang seller much like the Wildebeest wonders unknowingly into the territory of the Mach I owners land unfortunately well within the agile, knowledgeable Mach I owner as they hit top speed chasing down the unsuspecting Mustang seller as they rip it to shreds but not before exhibiting those cat like prowess to toy with the victim.... all ending in devastation and death

Just curious why he would take down the ad if he simply made a mistake. Seems it would be pretty simple to CHANGE THE AD!!!
Could be 1 of 3 things...It was either a scam...Or they realy didnt know...Either way...I dont think we was too harsh and atleast plenty emailed and let him know...But it was ovious...even too a person who dont know much about cars...Powered by ford one realy got me...And number 3 option....Sence his name was jesus...He mite of been a latino who couldnt read english...and had a freind of family memeber do the add for him....I think it was one of them 3 things..or all 3 put together...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Just curious why he would take down the ad if he simply made a mistake. Seems it would be pretty simple to CHANGE THE AD!!!
Could be 1 of 3 things...It was either a scam...Or they realy didnt know...Either way...I dont think we was too harsh and atleast plenty emailed and let him know...But it was ovious...even too a person who dont know much about cars...Powered by ford one realy got me...And number 3 option....Sence his name was jesus...He mite of been a latino who couldnt read english...and had a freind of family memeber do the add for him....I think it was one of them 3 things..or all 3 put together...lol
No was not saying anyone was being to hard was just stating we are not one of the sites that just blast somebody for not knowing something that's all

Did anyone notice the ram air plenum bolted to the hood?

I wish we had the VIN number - it could be a 71 J code.

He could have gotten the wrong year in his head just as he got all the other info wrong.

If I were close I would go take a look.

We got a 427 SOHC engine (well a seriously hurt SOHC motor) from a 65 Falcon that was advertised as having a factory big block. (???)

The engine had been chained and welded to the frame and was paired to a truck 3 speed with granny low. The 8 inch rear was a nice touch.

The shock towers were cut and beat back with a big hammer.

2500.00 bucks.

The engine had a dropped valve and had sat outside with a head pulled off of it for a long long time. Most of the loose parts were in the backseat, or had fallen through the holes in the back floor board and were under the car. We still got nearly 7K for the engine parts.

They did not know the history of the car - it was there when they bought the place and they had some clue that the engine was special.

I wish it could talk.

- Paul of Mo

Not everyone is an expert and we all started will very little knowledge on these cars, remember thats why most people find us. Looking for info on our years. I agree before posting an add you should do a little homework but how many of us has took the words/advice of a friend who was way off? Just hate to see someone blasted on this site for not knowing we leave that to the others most of the time.:p
He said title states 1972.

No was not saying anyone was being to hard was just stating we are not one of the sites that just blast somebody for not knowing something that's all
Haaa Roy....just giving you a hard time that is all. :D But I will say I've read ads, met sellers and discussed cars with 100 (liars) to 1 guys (who are misinformed) that play dumb to trick people into buying crap. CASE in point. the guy that I bought my Mach I from LIED about pretty much everything and claimed he was an investment banker. HE's A CAR DEALER!!!!!!!!!!

So I calculated his lies and discounted my offer accordingly. Other people are not as lucky as I was and get burned.

Haaa Roy....just giving you a hard time that is all. :D But I will say I've read ads, met sellers and discussed cars with 100 (liars) to 1 guys (who are misinformed) that play dumb to trick people into buying crap. CASE in point. the guy that I bought my Mach I from LIED about pretty much everything and claimed he was an investment banker. HE's A CAR DEALER!!!!!!!!!!

So I calculated his lies and discounted my offer accordingly. Other people are not as lucky as I was and get burned.

Yeah I know what you are sayin

Back