misrepresented Craigslist ad

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a general rule I avoid bashing other peoples rides. I celebrate anyone who loves this hobby and I believe we all have the right to do whatever we want to our cars.

There are exceptions.

What the heck? Is the guy on crack? "Overall the car is good just a little rust". "All original except the Chevy motor". "Starts AND Runs".

Did you watch the youtube video? That engine is making a really bad noise.

I just bought it.

Holy shit!!! A boss 402 coupe!!!!

SCORE MOTHER TRUCKER!!!!

Lmao..Wow that is one rare chevy motor!! I never seen a chevy with a ford foward distribitor on it before;) What a deal and steal!! 71mach-1 im soooo jelous..Amazing...lol...I guess he doesnt noticed the large valve covers that say...powered by Ford!! lol

Im sure he getting all sorts of fun emails about his ad...lol

We should all call or text him

I texted him. He is going by the fact the the body has boss 351 on it and title says 72...

I texted him. He is going by the fact the the body has boss 351 on it and title says 72...
did you ask him what made him think it was a chevy motor when its realy a ford? ;) hehe

Sounds like too me jesus was scammed into believing alot of nonsence about his car....And not much of a car guy...Cause most car guys would notice the powered by ford valve covers .. Even if they didnt know anything about the distribitor location diffrence between the auto makers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I texted him a few times. He actually thanked me for letting him know.

I told him if it was a boss for 5k we would all buy it

Not everyone is an expert and we all started will very little knowledge on these cars, remember thats why most people find us. Looking for info on our years. I agree before posting an add you should do a little homework but how many of us has took the words/advice of a friend who was way off? Just hate to see someone blasted on this site for not knowing we leave that to the others most of the time.:p

Did anyone notice the ram air plenum bolted to the hood?

I wish we had the VIN number - it could be a 71 J code.

He could have gotten the wrong year in his head just as he got all the other info wrong.

If I were close I would go take a look.

We got a 427 SOHC engine (well a seriously hurt SOHC motor) from a 65 Falcon that was advertised as having a factory big block. (???)

The engine had been chained and welded to the frame and was paired to a truck 3 speed with granny low. The 8 inch rear was a nice touch.

The shock towers were cut and beat back with a big hammer.

2500.00 bucks.

The engine had a dropped valve and had sat outside with a head pulled off of it for a long long time. Most of the loose parts were in the backseat, or had fallen through the holes in the back floor board and were under the car. We still got nearly 7K for the engine parts.

They did not know the history of the car - it was there when they bought the place and they had some clue that the engine was special.

I wish it could talk.

- Paul of Mo

Not everyone is an expert and we all started will very little knowledge on these cars, remember thats why most people find us. Looking for info on our years. I agree before posting an add you should do a little homework but how many of us has took the words/advice of a friend who was way off? Just hate to see someone blasted on this site for not knowing we leave that to the others most of the time.:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back