more pics of the progress of the coupe

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello pedstagn71,

Where did you get the mustang gas cap?

mustang7173

Here are a few pics of how the coupe is looking so far. I tore the car apart about 12yrs ago and in the last year have got the following done. new rear springs, the rear-end has new 389 gears and all new bearings and seals and has been sand blasted and painted, all new interior, door panels, armrest pads, handles and locks, window cranks, carpet, all weather stripping, windshield, all new screws and bolts everywhere, the dash and all trim is repainted, new floor pans, stainless steel brake lines and distribution block, all brakes are new along with all other brake lines, the front suspension has been replaced and sand blasted and painted and new tail light panel new quarters were put on 15yrs ago

Just an update on the progress. The new wheels and tires are in and on haven't got pics yet. They look awesome. Got a motor and tranny ordered from Proformance Unlimited and it should be here toward the end of June. Went with 450hp 408 stroker with march serpentine pulley set. Can't wait to get it put in and running. I'll get pics of the wheels soon. They are 18+9.5 on the rear with bfg sport comp 2 tires 255\45\18 rear and 17+8 on the front 225\45\17 front

Last edited by a moderator:
The motor finally got done and will be delivered Monday. I'm so excited to get the car running and on the road. It dynode at 531ft\lbs of torque and 523hp at 6000rpm

here is a link to watch a video of the dyno

IMG_0553.JPG

IMG_0552.JPG

IMG_0551.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn what a beautiful monster! What kind of parts is it made of and how much does a engine like that cost? :)
The motor is a 351w bored and stroked to a 408w Built by Proformance Unlimited out of Melbourne Florida they have a list of all parts on their website. The motor turnkey crate and c4 tranny and msd ignition module and high torque starter was $13,000. I priced everything out to build the motor myself and it was about the same and no warranty so I went this route.

This is going to be one of the nicest 71-73 mustang in the country when it's done. Damn that's nice

Damn what a beautiful monster! What kind of parts is it made of and how much does a engine like that cost? :)
The motor is a 351w bored and stroked to a 408w Built by Proformance Unlimited out of Melbourne Florida they have a list of all parts on their website. The motor turnkey crate and c4 tranny and msd ignition module and high torque starter was $13,000. I priced everything out to build the motor myself and it was about the same and no warranty so I went this route.
Sounds like the right way to go! I can't wait to hear how this monster will work in your beautiful car! I am also going to have a 408w build by a guy from Finland, so I am very excited too :)

Finally got the motor in and running and boy does it sound awesome. I'll get pics and try to get a video of it running this coming weekend so you can all hear it run. The 408 sounds very mean and it looks amazing.

Wheels and engine look great!

Back