More pics! Oklahoma Mustang Club

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I appreciate your offer to help but, I can handle it for now. The KFC isn't really that big but, the gremlin is fast (a built 401 AMC engine). It is nice to live in a town that is populated with gear heads of most any flavor. Chuck

Roy must have been hungry... I didn't even notice the KFC. Side note, I was driving from St. Louis to Bristol, TN a few weeks ago and came across the original KFC & had to get some original, original chicken from where the Colonel cooked it himself. I love back roads. Anyway, neat place to have lunch. It would be a good bike ride for you Roy since it seems like it was just North of you up in Kentucky.

Chuck, your town has some nice gear heads who do up the cars very well - including you & your truly awesome cars! In my opinion, you produced the gold standard for what a Mach 1 should look like! :d

Any Studebakers from the 50's? If I didn't have such a Mustang fascination at least one 55 Stude Presidential would be in my garage. :d

Last edited by a moderator:
Roy must have been hungry... I didn't even notice the KFC. Side note, I was driving from St. Louis to Bristol, TN a few weeks ago and came across the original KFC & had to get some original, original chicken from where the Colonel cooked it himself. I love back roads. Anyway, neat place to have lunch. It would be a good bike ride for you Roy since it seems like it was just North of you up in Kentucky.

Chuck, your town has some nice gear heads who do up the cars very well - including you & your truly awesome cars! In my opinion, you produced the gold standard for what a Mach 1 should look like! :d

Any Studebakers from the 50's? If I didn't have such a Mustang fascination at least one 55 Stude Presidential would be in my garage. :d
Thanks for the kind words. It is a "hot rod friendly" community, even the police. There are a lot of very talented builders in and around Mustang so the bar is kinda high. I've never owned a Studebaker but, a friend in high school had a 55 standard 2 door with a SBC and a four speed. They have nice body lines. Chuck

Thanx for posting the pictures. Great to see how other communities celebrate our hobbie. I have to comment on the Gremlin picture. My home town was Kenosha,WI. AMC's home base. I could not begin to tell you about the AMX,Javelin and Rebel stories I have from those days. One of my buddies in high school had a Gremlin with a bad 390 under the hood. That thing could carry the front wheels 60 feet down the street. We used to drag on some of the empty roads right on the Illinois state line. In the midwest alot of the roads are concrete and they cut the road every ten feet to keep from developing cracks. My buddies car could carry the front tires (on slicks) 6 of those 10 foot blocks. Man were those the days. Just another quick story. I knew the guy who had one of the first prototype AMX's designed in the early 60's. It was all fiberglass with a rumble seat behind the back glass. Cool car and worth big bucks now. Don't know what happened to him or the car.

Thanx for posting the pictures. Great to see how other communities celebrate our hobbie. I have to comment on the Gremlin picture. My home town was Kenosha,WI. AMC's home base. I could not begin to tell you about the AMX,Javelin and Rebel stories I have from those days. One of my buddies in high school had a Gremlin with a bad 390 under the hood. That thing could carry the front wheels 60 feet down the street. We used to drag on some of the empty roads right on the Illinois state line. In the midwest alot of the roads are concrete and they cut the road every ten feet to keep from developing cracks. My buddies car could carry the front tires (on slicks) 6 of those 10 foot blocks. Man were those the days. Just another quick story. I knew the guy who had one of the first prototype AMX's designed in the early 60's. It was all fiberglass with a rumble seat behind the back glass. Cool car and worth big bucks now. Don't know what happened to him or the car.
Going fast is not about brand, it is about motivation, determination, information, and innovation. Chuck

Thanks for the ....thanks! Everyone has post tons of great pics on here and since I had the opportunity to take the pics at the show - happy to share.

I knew Chuck's Mach would get a trophy first time out. That is one car that really deserves it.

Chuck is a great 'car guy' and enjoys his the way he built it... OK BUILT THEM! LOL

And I remember owning a purple Gremlin X a long long time ago! Car was super rough but very different. Kinda cool but not 'stang cool.

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
Back