More scoops for NASA hood?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not "maybe". Definitely YES!!!! I got the 69 Mach1 scoop on a flat hood and I love the look. Nobody has ever noticed that it doesn't belong there. Even guys who know their way around Mustangs don't see it immediately.
It does look pretty sweet on your car. ::thumb::

As far as extra holes, I'm actually diggin' the extractors on QCode351Mach's (Scott's) car. They're perfectly in-line with the NACA ducts, and look like they belong there. I don't think he's shown anything about the custom Ram Air set-up he's working on, but I'm sure it'll be top-notch, just like the rest of his work.

Popping on another scoop (especially one that sticks up from the hood) doesn't do it for me. I like the Ram Air hood the way it is.

As far as extra holes, I'm actually diggin' the extractors on QCode351Mach's (Scott's) car. They're perfectly in-line with the NACA ducts, and look like they belong there.
+5,000! The first time I saw that, I couldn't believe the sheer brilliance of it. Reminds me of an XKE too.

-Kurt

My opinion is that the Ram Air hood should not be changed in any way. I thought about doing the same, but it will be to much with two air holes and a scoop on the top of it. The front will also be to high and then don't look good any more, if you understand. I have the flat hood on my Sportsroof and that will look nice with a scoop on like Luxstangs Mustang! :)

_full.jpg

picture by zuippa

More pics from here:

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mach-1-mustang

If you like the ram-air hood with cowl induction you can find them readily available called "dominator hood". Its got a cowl induction and ram-air. I bought a Dominator fiberglass hood from a member Thunderguns from SC. I've got also a flat hood in storage, I do like the ram-air with Pro Boss scoop the most - it is outrageous looking combination. It draws attention where ever I go with the car plus I can run a 2" spacer with Victor Jr without clearence issues.

It draws attention where ever I go with the car...
Brother, I'd be willing to say that your car would draw attention wherever you go even without that hood. ;) :D ::thumb::

You are so right about that Eric.. :D Finmach, your car is not a Mustang, but a Killerstang! I would say the scoop on Finmachs looks good, but it's also because you know there are something crazy under the hood. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't flog me, just entertaining the thought a little...
I was just about to suggest opening it up full-width when I saw your blue rendering.

Really partial to this one, though it'd look even better without trim separating the headlamp doors. Just '68 Charger style from one end to the other:

attachment.php

-Kurt

Oh Baby!

Lord, please, please, please, let me win the lottery....
This really needs to happen, and you should sign your concepts or watermark them! They're too good.

Oh Baby!

Mmm hmm. That's what I call "what the front end of a car should look like."

Just a big gaping slit with a bumper under it. Best thing in the world.

-Kurt

P.S.: Try removing one of the pony emblems; go for the offset Shelby look. Keep the other on one door. Ought to look pretty good, in a racer-wannabe way.

Oh Baby!

Mmm hmm. That's what I call "what the front end of a car should look like."

Just a big gaping slit with a bumper under it. Best thing in the world.

-Kurt

P.S.: Try removing one of the pony emblems; go for the offset Shelby look. Keep the other on one door. Ought to look pretty good, in a racer-wannabe way.
I agree, or like the 70s Torinos with the hide away headlights, except with the running horse in the middle and the honeycomb instead of the little squares.

torino.jpg

1972MustangSVH,

The hood scoop on the brown mach 1 looks really good. 1972MustangSVH, can you render us one with the Pony emblem in the center of the grill, driving lights on the left and right hand side of the center grill, aka, Shelby look and use the 71-73 hood locks?

mustang7173

Imagine how cars may have looked different from the 60-70s if they had today's computers and photoshop tools, instead of just pencils, paper, clay and Dynok.

That brown hood looks like it could have been a factory design. Very nice. I'd buy that

I have an extra NACA hood. Ever since that thought hit me I've stared long and hard at that hood but it's just too nice to cut up. However, If I find a less-than-desirable hood I'm breaking out the plasma cutter and MiG and I'm going to make one.

1972MustangSVH,

The hood scoop on the brown mach 1 looks really good. 1972MustangSVH, can you render us one with the Pony emblem in the center of the grill, driving lights on the left and right hand side of the center grill, aka, Shelby look and use the 71-73 hood locks?

mustang7173
OK,But I'm still working on the Torino/Mustang from the "what if " thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back