Mustang Market's Foam, Carpet and Door Panels.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me add to my previous post, I ordered my new Vermillion seat covers with the enhanced bolsters and foam from TMI and they are fantastic. I also special ordered TMI's door panels with them requesting that the window crank holes and drivers side remote mirror hole not be punched out, since I installed power wi dows and powered side view mirrors. The salesman put in writing that was no problem. Mustang Market told me they could eliminate the holes, but the depression for the remote mirror bezel would still be present.

TMI's panel are more expensive, I would need to paint them Vermillion since they come in black or white, maybe other colors for some models/years. I bought them based their reputation for quality and the salemens promise. When received the white panels they had punched out the one hole for the window remote mirror hole.

Needless to say I was disappointed. Since they did not deliver what i ordered, I decided to return them and buy the Mustang Markets panels without the holes punched and painted Vermillion for less money than TMI's. I have no issue with TMI's products, they are priced higher. Whereas M.M. special order."No Holes" panels I received were, in my opinion are as good as TMI's I received, and csme painted for less cash. Not knocking TMI, just sharing my experience with both companies.View attachment 75411
The more I see those seats in actual pictures and installed the more I like them.

You are not taking in the fact about the wire frames that embedded in the foam from ACI. Go take a seat apart and you will see what I’m talking about. The wire frame in the cushion is what the hog rings get attached to and are what give the seat cushions their shape. I bought the TMI foam and it didn’t have the wire frames installed and I wish I would have bought the ACI. I doubt MM owns the plant that makes the foam they sell they more than likely have a contract from an established business.
It seems you have your mine already made up. Buy what you feel is in your budget.
I’m a firm believer in you get what you pay for.
I bought the "Deluxe" TMI seat foam and they have the molded-in listing wires. . The PN I purchased is SF36, but I just now looked and they are using SF36-V now. I have yet to install the foam and seat covers and hope I don't come to regret getting the TMI.

Hi Basstrix,

From what I gather Rick at NPD is saying, you should be good with the TMI product, just not as good as with the ACI foam. At least they'll be easier for you to install with the wires already built in.

That’s odd you would have to paint the TMI ones because they offer Vermillion along with blue, black and white. TMI seems like a decent company to deal with and I know you can send them NOS material and they will make seat covers out of it for you.
Three years ago when I purchased mine, they did not offer Vermillion. I just checked the TMI website and you are correct, they have it now. As I said, TMI products are very good, I love the 1970 Mach 1 seats and door panels were very nice. I found Mustang Market as good for less money and they got my special order right. That's all.

Last edited:
I did the interior on my car a few years ago. I used Mustang Market door panels after reading mostly good reviews. You will have to cut out the door handle cup area and speaker area. The only negative is that are you install the door panel clips, they do create small bumps on the front, but unless you are being critical, you won't notice them.

For my seats, I went with TMI seat foam and seat covers, black over black. I'm very happy with how the seats turned out. Just make sure to take your time. I used memory foam to fill the sides and slack instead of felt batting because it makes for a nicer feel and look, in my opinion.

For the carpet, I went ACC. I am happy with it. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230408_131106_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230408_131106_Gallery.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20230408_131025_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230408_131025_Gallery.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200321_133123.jpg
    20200321_133123.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20191226_165741.jpg
    20191226_165741.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Attachments

• 20220520_142520.jpg
    20220520_142520.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210924_194520.jpg
    20210924_194520.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Door Panels always used Mustang Market!

I did the interior on my car a few years ago. I used Mustang Market door panels after reading mostly good reviews. You will have to cut out the door handle cup area and speaker area. The only negative is that are you install the door panel clips, they do create small bumps on the front, but unless you are being critical, you won't notice them.

For my seats, I went with TMI seat foam and seat covers, black over black. I'm very happy with how the seats turned out. Just make sure to take your time. I used memory foam to fill the sides and slack instead of felt batting because it makes for a nicer feel and look, in my opinion.

For the carpet, I went ACC. I am happy with it. I hope this helps.
Excellent feedback, and more of what I was looking for, Thank you Otto !!

Three years ago when I purchased mine, they did not offer Vermillion. I just checked the TMI website and you are correct, they have it now. As I said, TMI products are very good, I love the 1970 Mach 1 seats and door panels were very nice. I found Mustang Market as good for less money and they got my special order right. That's all.
Excellent response Rich, thanks for the feedback !

Excellent feedback, and more of what I was looking for, Thank you Otto !!
My pleasure. When you are getting ready to start the project, feel free to reach out for advice or help. The process of redoing the whole interior, from dash to package tray, is still fresh on my mind.

I used the Mustang Market seat foam and hate it. I will be redoing my seats soon with the foam from Rick. I also have used the raylon carpet after the ACC carpet started to show wear by the left foot rest before the car had 100 miles on it. The raylon has a bit of a larger loop on the pile so you may want to swap out the carpet on the door panel as well.

I used the Mustang Market seat foam and hate it. I will be redoing my seats soon with the foam from Rick. I also have used the raylon carpet after the ACC carpet started to show wear by the left foot rest before the car had 100 miles on it. The raylon has a bit of a larger loop on the pile so you may want to swap out the carpet on the door panel as well.
Hi ST,
Can you be specific on what you hated?

Quick question Rick are you guys going to get any Teal power steering pump paint back in stock?
Thanks

Sorry, I just saw this... Our paint supplier has been struggling to get back out in front of old covid-related supply issues. You name it, can shortage, nozzle shortage, PIGMENT shortage, and now they're so far behind with us it seems like it will take them the remainder of the year just to get caught back up.

I begged and pleaded to get 4 cases of the AP-PSPE back in December, mostly to get Dan Chockley stocked back up, because he's in big trouble without that paint. But I'll see if I can't put it back on their priority list. 3-4 weeks maybe?

Rick
NPD

Did black deluxe on 69, on 72, and also ginger on 72, always happy with it
Thank you Roland, I keep hearing that MM does a great job on the door panels.

My pleasure. When you are getting ready to start the project, feel free to reach out for advice or help. The process of redoing the whole interior, from dash to package tray, is still fresh on my mind.
i am currently putting my interior together. turning out pretty good. however, i am stuck on the package tray and divider board or insulation that goes behind rear seat back. i would like to find a package tray that is same pressboard type as my original, but i am not finding one. do you know of one available ? i am only seeing heavy duty abs plastic ones with speaker pockets. i dont see any of the insulation type material that goes behind rear seat or side panels that go in the trunk. also, is there supposed to be cross braces going across the large opening behind the rear seat ? 23A90004-8D14-4AB1-B528-4D7EDA001072.jpeg

Last edited:
i am currently putting my interior together. turning out pretty good. however, i am stuck on the package tray and divider board or insulation that goes behind rear seat back. i would like to find a package tray that is same pressboard type as my original, but i am not finding one. do you know of one available ? i am only seeing heavy duty abs plastic ones with speaker pockets. i dont see any of the insulation type material that goes behind rear seat or side panels that go in the trunk. also, is there supposed to be cross braces going across the large opening behind the rear seat ? View attachment 76281

There used to be a readily-available original-style paper-board package tray for 71-73 coupe. But unfortunately, the manufacturer was Gene Painter, who passed away last June. We sold our last few package trays last summer. Last I knew, his son intended to pick up where Gene left off with the business, but I've seen no signs of supply or action as of yet. It's not the type of thing you apply "pressure" to, but I've asked my team here if they've received any recent news, and I'll let you know what I find out. I must admit I've never owned a 71-73 coupe (I've got two convertibles), but I do not believe there's a divider board or cross-brace behind your seat. I would GREATLY defer to the collective experience of this forum on that however.

Rick
NPD

Back