Mustang Monthly

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with the overall sentiment of this thread. I also remember too many mistakes on tech articles. Not enough true research and more of a promote anything and to hell with accuracy of content.

Junk magazine. Online (like here) is the BEST.

Ray

It's a shame the Mustang magazines (basically controlled/published by the same company) have deteriorated to the point they have. As a young gear head I always had copies of Hot Rod, Motor Trend, etc, but were always 99% GM content. I remember when Super Ford started out as a parts flyer. When it evolved into a full fledge Ford only publication I couldn't subscribe quick enough! But over the years I watched it evolve into a Fox and newer Mustang bible (I own a 85 GT so I'm not a Hater)! Same with Mustang Monthly, Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords, etc. As David pointed out, a lot of inaccurate info found it's way into those rags and no one seemed to care, especially on the 71-73's. I've let my subscription run out on all of them. I still receive Mustang Times because of my MCA membership. I always read John Clor's monthly article first. He was instrumental in launching Fords SVT program and making it the success it became.

This site is now my sole source for 71-73 Mustang info, story swapping , and just plain ole comradery! :)

I enjoy the magazine and, frankly, do not GAF what others think about what I drive, my 73 Mach 1 or otherwise. Like Hollywood politics, they are irrelevant, frankly.

The new issue of Mustang Monthly has pictures of 30 reader's Mustangs, 29 of them are pre '71 and one Mustang II. Not one '71, '72, or '73.

I don't believe that I'll renew...
I'm thinking the same thing!

Our "BIG" Mustangs were never really "Loved" by earlier Mustang enthusiasts and I think the same holds true for MM, Our cars are like an afterthought and only minimal articles are inserted just to try and keep us happy. Frankly, I don't GAF also about older Mustangs as I'll not likely ever own one other than a 69 Mach1.

My sub will likely run out and not be renewed, but perhaps MM needs to hear these concerns from us collectively.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only problem with that, is the editor doesn't GAF about '71-'3s, so why would he GAF about us choosing not to support his rag?

BTW - not even a single or portion of a '71-'73 Mustang image or mention anywhere in the latest issue... not even in the ads. I guess he figures since we got a Boss 351 feature, '71 bare metal 'vert feature, and 3 Reader's Rides last year that's good enough.

It's no wonder the issues are getting thinner and thinner.

A thought. It may be good that our cars are not loved now. Some day they could be "resdiscovered" by the masses and by the media and then, they may be worth a lot more. Wishful thinking, but let$ buy them all.

1971 M-code Mach 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Back