my 1971 351 Boss restoration

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the great feeback guys. the solid lifter are music in my ears. the decals are going on once its a little warmer. i'm thinking maybe in 2 months or so. can't wait to put on those hockey stripes.

abudi

hi folks,

a quick update on the boss project:

my neighbor tripped over his ladder and the boss had a dent...

disassemble the fender and off to the paint shop. what a pain in the ass!

once i have the fender back from the paint shop i'll be putting on the stripes. then the boss will finally look good :)

abudi

HI Abudi

Poor thing, I feel sorry for you. but you were quite lucky in this circumstances, could have been worse. Wich paint shop? I guess its the one in styria.

Greatings from the eastern line.

Wolfgang

PS: The bag is already donated, thanks again!

yes wolfgang, patrick is in charge of the paint job.

we dropped the fender off yesterday and hopefully the fender will be painted in 2 weeks :)

abudi

Ohhh my...That sucks man.....Seems no matter how hard you try...Sometimes things just happen to your baby..lol..Mine in the middle of a wind storm had a camper fall over on my car and dented the fender..lol

thanks guys!! the fender is almost ready for paint, meaning i might get it back next week. in that case, i can put on the stripe by the end of april. here in austria i have to have the car inspected by the DMV which shouldn't be too much of a problem. i'll keep posting here.

happy easter to all

abudi

@ Q, you're right about the color. spies hecker has great colors and if you define when the paint was applied the computer can calculate the wear of the paint. but that won't be the case on this fender :)

@ 71-badmach, thank you for the compliment

happy easter to all!!

abudi

hi folks,

it's been a while because i was waiting for the fender to come back from the paint shop. we managed to put on the fender and everything worked out perfect. word of the wise, i wanted to put it on myself but then decided to take a friend along for the second hand. man was i happy that he was there. i forgot how huge that fender is!!

the side stripes should be going on pretty soon and now that the weather is finally getting warmer i can take it for a spin. i'll be posting more pictures soon.

thanks

abudi

Abudi - really nice Boss! And a very admirable restoration - especially in Austria!

A good friend of mine has a Sunbeam Tiger in his garage. He practically has a "force field" protection around the car.

Meaning...

He won't let my clumsy ass anywhere close to it! LOL

I bet your friend felt terrible!

Take care!

Ray

Abudi - really nice Boss! And a very admirable restoration - especially in Austria!

A good friend of mine has a Sunbeam Tiger in his garage. He practically has a "force field" protection around the car.

Meaning...

He won't let my clumsy ass anywhere close to it! LOL

I bet your friend felt terrible!

Take care!

Ray
yeah my friend hated himself for it!!! hopefully the side stripes are going to on the car after the weekend. once i have the decals on i'll be posting more pictures.

abudi

Abudi, I'm just making my way around the site and seen your thread, when I get time I'll read it all through. Just read the first couple of pages and the end couple of pages. Am looking forward to reading it all the way through. Great car!!

Abudi, I'm just making my way around the site and seen your thread, when I get time I'll read it all through. Just read the first couple of pages and the end couple of pages. Am looking forward to reading it all the way through. Great car!!
thanks mate. if you're ever in vienna let me know and will take the beast out for a spin :)

abudi

@ Q, you're right about the color. spies hecker has great colors and if you define when the paint was applied the computer can calculate the wear of the paint. but that won't be the case on this fender :)
I was the first spies hecker shop in my state back in 1990..ONE OF THE BEST PAINT SYSTEMS OUT THERE !!!! A few years later I also installed a sikkens system.. I was the only shop with 2 complete European mixing systems..

hi folks,

here's a little update on the boss. now that the weather was warm enough we finally got a chance to put the hockey sticks on the car. the 351 boss decal on the fender and the truck are still missing but will go on soon

before

"ram air" only on the 351 boss

i used a laser to get the stripes straight

perfect

i used warm water with a bit of soap

almost there

marco my buddy doing his magic :)

driver side done

passenger side done

abudi

Last edited by a moderator:
Back