My 71 J Code build

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1966 coupe - 347w
1971 Mach 1 - J code
1972 Mach 1 - Q code
G'Day, I joined the site a while ago, As I was lucky enough to buy a J code 71 Mach 1. For a good price, But it was All original as in 40 year old, in used original condition, And needing a little love and attension = Rebuilding /refreeshing.

I'm in Australia, So my humble apologise for pinching a true classic of you fellas.

So this isn't a rebuild thread as such, as all I've done is hand over the foldin stuff to an ozzy block in Florida - Matt. the machine, who has taken care of every thing. All I can say is the dude is a legand for taking this on , on my behalve,

THIS IS NOT AN ADVERT FOR HIS BUSINESS, IT"S JUST A POST ON MY CAR WHICH I FEEL RECONITION NEEDS TO GO TO HIM AND HIS WIFE SHERRI.

I know every one loves pics here, BUT Matt is an pic a hollic so the easyest way is to post a link to his facebook page theirs 200+ pics, they run through from the Very first arrival at the shop, to strip down, to panel, rust repairs and then final body prep and primer and a few of colour.

http://www.facebook.com/media/albums/?id=100000476899783#!/media/set/?set=a.400165283342698.109359.100000476899783&type=3

Sorry if I come across as a tad short or sharp but I've never been good at public speaking, But please enjoy and ask away as my blood has always run blue. and compaired to Aussie cars the 71-73 mustangs are very good buying,

In comparison For a top notch XA-XC Ford ozzy coupe [2 door hard top over here] people are asking $30k+ for an base model car are asking from $50K upwards for a GT model, [ GT's where only for XA and XB']

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great. It's always good to hear feedback about businesses you have done business with. Hopefully members in that area will consider using him for their cars.

Hay Don as it sits the car is mostly finished, the only thing left to do is the engine bay, which to do properly you really need to pull the motor and trans, and while it's out I would want to strip him down and freshen him up, the car only has about 58k miles on it, BUT it's first two owners where Captain's in the air force, so it would have been driven pretty hard. I would like to do this part myself, I'm a fitter and turner by trade, so as the car is still in Florida and I'm in Australia, she will probably be shipped as is and I'll finish her of over here...

But I'm in no rush to get her over here, still have another car been built in Florida at the moment, not a mustang but a 2 door 1966 falcon, even getting the right hand drive conversion done.

Back