My 73 Mach 1 Original Owner Photos

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salhi_amer

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
After doing some research, I was able to locate and talk to the original owner of my 73 Mach 1, she is in her 70s now and she couldn't text me or email me photos since she didn't know how to use computer or cell phone, I mailed her some photos of vehicle during restoration and after finished and she mailed me these incredible photos. Hope you guys enjoy them.

IMG_2926.JPG

IMG_2927.JPG

IMG_2928.JPG

IMG_2929.JPG

IMG_2930.JPG

IMG_2931.JPG

IMG_2932.JPG

IMG_2933.JPG

IMG_2934.JPG

Whoa! Blast from the past!! very nice. I sure do remember the Keystone Classics. Not such a fan of the side-pipes, but that was the 'thing' back in the late 70's.

I had a 71 M-code Mach 1 stolen in 1982 that had brand new Keystone Classics and Dunlop GT Qualifiers (3 days old). Even though it was parked in front of a police station in downtown Buffalo at 9am on a Sat morning (there was a jeweler next door to the station where my soon to be wife and I were picking out an engagement ring). We came out of the store after 40 minutes and the car was gone....shame of it was that I had an appointment to get an appraisal the following Monday morning to have the final resto improvement certified for insurance purposes. The worst part was they used a bumper jack on the doors to lift the car to get the wheels off. I ended up parking it for 2 years before I could face repairing everything damaged and removed from the theft. Marriage is still strong and the sting of losing a car is mostly gone ('mostly')

LOL!!!

I did that on my 65 SS Malibu. She was a Kintuhhkeee car and was found in a field I heard ....stripped. Made its way to Texas through a couple of owners....then I bought it and brought it back to life over 6 years. There were parts missing from this car I had no idea existed. I KNEW it was a project...but dang locating parts for a car that was renowned for the best car for circle track AND drag racing.... thousands had been destroyed.

I get it back together and was so proud of all the hard work. I located the original owner...PAID to find his name, address and current phone number. He lived in Elizabethtown KY., a mere few miles from when he was stationed in Ft. Campbell Ky. Where he was a young soldier of Viet Nam years when he purchased it. His name, age, location where the car was purchased...it all FIT! I was sitting at my desk all excited to call him and offer to send photos of HIS ORIGINAL CAR... resurrected and back to life. Phone in my hand my wife says

"are you SURE you want to call this guy"

"what if it was stolen"...

I hung up the phone picked up a beer and said ..... :s yeah you're RIGHT!!!

He'll never know and i wont lose a car! :D:D:D[/font]

Good point Carter!

Let's not open a can of worms.

The MRS steps in with words of wisdom , that's what they do!

I have had my MRS step in and give me a "REALLY?" more than once.

I fear photos of my 73 in the early years would be at a wrecking yard

with other cars on top of it, That would explain dents in the hood, roof and

trunk lid where dents shouldn't happen!

The PO said his father got the car from a wrecking yard owner friend and

I was surprised that the title was not salvage.

For sure the car was hit in the pass rear quarter at some point and the quarter was

replaced shoddily. The trunk lid and hood have different original colors.

The car is 99% complete now and I have no regrets...It's actually been fun and

that's what I needed!

Paul

HaHa the eight foot long CB radio antenna... BREAKER 1-9 WHATS YOUR 20 ?
Good catch - I missed that.

The 'whip' antennas were actually 9 ft (108 inches).

We installed a bunch of them on our company vehicles back in the 1960's. CB radios were the cell phones of today. Kinda... :dodgy:

And great pics!!!

Ray

Back