My bad day...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife wants to thank everyone for the beautiful flower arrangement you sent. She really appreciated it.

Right now it looks like she'll be going to a rehab center for a couple days to get her to the point she can be mobile on her own. She's having a tough time with PT and can't get around nearly at all as she doesn't have a lot of upper body strength.

I'll keep you guys posted on her progress.

Oh, and we now have a lawyer to handle this mess.

Dennis,

I am glad your wife's situation appears to be stabilizing and that your daughter is doing well. Please convey my wish for a speedy recovery. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know. I am not that far away.

Try and have a Merry Christmas!

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife wants to thank everyone for the beautiful flower arrangement you sent. She really appreciated it.

Right now it looks like she'll be going to a rehab center for a couple days to get her to the point she can be mobile on her own. She's having a tough time with PT and can't get around nearly at all as she doesn't have a lot of upper body strength.

I'll keep you guys posted on her progress.

Oh, and we now have a lawyer to handle this mess.
Good move on retaining a lawyer...let them do the fighting for you so you can concentrate on your family!

Yea sorry to here that, gla every one OK hope your wife gets feeling better soon.
Sorry to hear. Thank God that they are ok. Look at the blessing given to you this Christmas and be thankful that you can hug them both again.

I got hit by an old lady. She totaled my motorcycle and nearly me, but I lived to ride again. Sheet happens. People are dumb. No amount of persuasion by you can change that so I recommend letting it go and enjoy your family, my friend.

Merry Christmas.

Dennis, how's your wife doing?
Heather is getting better slowly but surely, has been able to get herself in and out of her 'chair by herself for two days now. Rumor has it she may be discharged from the rehab facility within a week. She'll then go to her parents house for a while, they have a ranch style home that is all one level. Our house is a step up or down for practically every room, not good for someone using a walker or cruches.

My daughter is 100% A-OK. She's her usual self and doesn't really seem to notice much that Mommy's not around. She gets to see her a 2~3 times a week, as the rehab is an hours drive from here. I've been keeping on with her normal schedule so I think that helps a lot. Our friends and family have been helping out where needed, but it's been a real eye opening experience for me being a "single parent" if you will. Both of my sisters were divorced with young kids and they have earned a lot more of my respect. It's a tough job that I love to do, but it sure is tiring when you're "it".

I'm going to visit the wife tonight and bring her a new laptop and some Five Guys. She's been keeping herself sane with the laptop, posting on Facebook, watching movies, etc. It died on her yesterday so I'll pick one up on my way there as an early b-day present.

She says that the worst pain is not the broken bone, but the ligament damage to her knee. She has an MRI coming up to see where we go from there.

In talking to her last night, she was telling me more about the details of the accident. I had mentioned to you guys how the other woman had blown the stop sign at the end of the off ramp. This ramp is two lanes at the end, a left and right turn lane. It turns out that there were two cars stopped in the right turn lane and the woman blew past them at full trot in the left lane. So, not only did she run the stop sign, she saw there were cars stopped and went around them to run the stop sign. I have a feeling our lawyer is going to have a field day with this....

Thanks Dennis for the update, as always your family is in our thoughts and prayers. Not sure if there is anything I could do to help but if you can think of something please let me know.

Roy

Thanks for the update, buddy! Man, the things that life brings us. No fun at all. Keep taking care of your family, and as others have said, if there's anything we can do, just let us know. Hope to see you back here again soon!

Doc

Yes, as I said before...take care of your family. We'll be here when you get back!

Dennis, it's good to hear from you. Being a single parent, even temporarily, has to be one of the hardest jobs a person can attempt. It's good to hear your wife is making progress and your daughter seems to be handling it well. We'll keep you in our prayers and in our thoughts. It is good to know family and friends are there for you through this time.

Update 1/11/11:

I've had a couple PMs and chats pop up looking for an update, so I figure I'd better get to it....

Wife has been released from the rehab center and is at her parent's house temporarily until she is confident enough with stairs that she can come back home. Our house is a 1930 cape that's been added onto several times, so many rooms are a single step up or down. While this may not seem huge, add into it the narrow doorways and it becomes impossible for a person in a wheelchair and problematic while using a walker to navigate. She's getting pretty good with the walker, but it's slow going. There have been gains with her upper body strength and she says she's going to kick my butt when she gets home, just because. I told her to keep pumping the iron and I'd welcome a butt kickin' if she can come home full time. She's got a bunch of appointments over the next week so we should know soon whether or not she's going to require surgery to fix her knee.

Our daughter is still fine and turned 17 months old last Friday. She has her daily routine, we're Skypeing at night so Mommy gets to goof around with her and say goodnight and we visit on the weekends. Not my idea of ideal, but it's the best we can manage with the timing and distance.

Latest posts

Back