My bad day...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear your wife is doing better and I wish her all the best.Life sucks sometimes but you just got to keep at it.It's good to see you guy's are keeping a good moral through all this. Having a positive mindset gives you three times the strength to get through these situations.All the best to you and yours

Eric

Sorry I was late in just reading this. It sucks how a random person can throw your life into chaos. Tell her insurance company it's their car now and to send a replacement or a check asap and make sure you get money for time off work and medical expenses and on and on. Accident or not (or negligence) you are owed a lot for the inconveniences and your wives permanent injuries. When the fault is obvious you can settle out of couty pretty quickly - the insurance company would rather settle than tie it up in court where you might get more but who knows how long it may take. My mother is 79 and only rides with people she trusts driving. She quit driving years ago even though her eyesight and reflexes are fine - she just felt she could get around w/o a car and she does just fine. It's all the other old people still driving in Florida that worries her.

**Update**

Wife had her follow up today with the orthopedic surgeon and he analyzed the MRI images. His current opinion is she does not have any ligament damage, but -might- have a small chip off the knee cap. The MRI is a bit skewed in that area due to the titanium rod in her leg, so she needs to get a CAT scan done to verify everything. He wants her working on flexing the knee with her physical therapist and putting some pressure on the foot to stimulate the bone healing. She's still using the wheelchair and walker for now and will be on the walker and then crutches for quite some time.

On another positive note, I'll probably be bringing her home from her parents house mid-next week. She misses being home terribly and is a couple straws away from going bonkers at the in-law's, so I need to get her out of there. Setting up her short term disability leave from work is causing a lot of stress, the company has their HR outsourced and the call centers are in India. Needless to say, things tend to get lost in translation and she's had a lot of stress due to misunderstandings, poor communication and general stupidity on their part. We about have it all worked out, but who knows with these people.

That's good news about your wife Dennis. I'm sure you will be glad to have her home.

Too many decisions are made based on bottom line, not quality of service. The MORONS in charge only have one thing on their mind and it's not service.

Good news, Hemi...best place to heal is at home! Sounds like things are finally starting to come together for you!

Hang in there, Bro. Glad to hear she's getting better and that she'll be back home soon. Soon enough, this will be just another memory and life will back to normal for your family.

Meanwhile, it sounds like you're making the best out of a bad situation and staying positive. Keep on keepin' on!

Dennis

I just joined this forum and read about your wife.....glad she is getting better and especially glad to hear not a ligament...I tore the ACL in my knee 25 yrs ago and I still feel it when the weather changes.

When you go after for lost wages, make sure they add yours in there also plus all the extras you've had to buy since as a result of this.

Ken

Latest posts

Back