My car OVERHEATS!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey BT! Thanks for posting first of all!! Ive searched here and there about the extra cooling system and as you, i didnt come up with any final answer...

The extra cooling according to Marti is included in my car, besides, the fact that the radiator still have the mountings for a shroud is another clue here... Noone will add that stamps for nothing...

The fan blades on the other hand, can be original Or not cause the argentinian Falcon 6 cylinder engine uses the same 4 blade fan than american fords... So, i cant really tell if it is Or not original...

Couple of hour ago i tested the cooling again... The car was on for like 20 minutas and the cooling water never boiled...

I strongly think my car overheats just a little ib some ocasions so maybe everything is right and original and just some dirt in the system, a non perfect pump and the luck of shroud can make the difference...

Another thing is the tunning point... Something happened and now the Cold start is getting harder... Fuel smell is all over the place as the car is trying to start... I have new spark plugs... Maybe they are just too open Or maybe the distribuitor point just move...

I dont know squad about that but i'm gonna try move everything to see what changes :)

Thanks for posting!

Hey 72HCode!! Great info!! But what does it mean?! What are my missing parts regarding to the envine cooling per se ( dont get me started on the stering gear box cooling!! Je)

I may contact the last owner to ask him if he remembers something... But he is a little bit of a liar... Grrrr! That's a shame... He should be very helpful... He owned the car since 1974

Last edited by a moderator:
basically ford used a higher efficiency core radiator for A/C cars and cars with the extra cooling package.

all that means is the distance between the pipes inside the radiator are closer together so more can pack into the same space and there are more fins per inch to increase surface area and increase cooling.

i can't find any information in regards to a fan shroud on the Inline 6 motors.

basically ford used a higher efficiency core radiator for A/C cars and cars with the extra cooling package.

all that means is the distance between the pipes inside the radiator are closer together so more can pack into the same space and there are more fins per inch to increase surface area and increase cooling.

i can't find any information in regards to a fan shroud on the Inline 6 motors.

I had some data about extra cooling system somewhere, i´ll look for it and post it in order to go forward here... We are now just looking for originality...

As i said yesterday, don´t think the overheating problems is too serious as i guess i´m just a couple of °C over the limit just sometimes so... with a good clean of the system, a new water pump and a careful refill of the system should do... Plus, i´m definitely gonna make a shroud even if it isn´t a factory option...

To have a drivable car, this things can make the difference and i´m sure it won´t look so "aftermarket" anyway...

Do you have any idea how to be sure I dont have air in cooling system??... As a fact tip, nowadays, my heater is disconected from the engine and there is a bypass between its inner and outer pipes...

Thanks!!

usually the system burps the air out, you keep checking the radiator fill level for a few days eventually the radiator settles at a certain level around where there sometimes is a fill level indication on the side of the radiator body.

i kept filling my rad up, and it would keep going down to the same level after a while. once it settled i checked it every so often and it kept the same level so i left it alone.

Back