My Intro - and build thread

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome from W TN. Great story and a project to help complete your goals from years gone by. Looks like a great car to start with. Have fun and keep us posted on questions and progress.

Welp found the heart of my Fastback. Came from a 70 Thunderbird, 429 with the C6 tranny, all front accessories, plus they threw in an original Cobra Jet Intake they had lying around.

2rxywd1.jpg

Hi Lee and ::welcome:: from Luxembourg / Europe. You should never sell a car for a woman. They wouldn´t give their shoes for you either! :)

Welp found the heart of my Fastback. Came from a 70 Thunderbird, 429 with the C6 tranny, all front accessories, plus they threw in an original Cobra Jet Intake they had lying around.

2rxywd1.jpg
oohh yes...the mighty Thunderjet...Good motors...My freind has one in his pickup i been tring to get him to put in a hot rod for years and years..lol

Welp got the donor 429 stripped down to nothing, dropped her off at my machine shop on Friday to have the block and heads tanked, cleaned and checked before I call and order the 533 :D Stroker kit for the shop to put together the short block. Otherwise found out I need to get a new trunk lid and valance, and have started carefully removing the interior of the car to get ready for body and paint work.

2qcfke9.jpg

Give Don @Ohio Mustang a call on parts. He has never failed to help me out. The good thing about him is he has new and used and will tell you thetruth if he has it or not.

Hey everyone,

I am glad to be here. I look forward to meeting everyone and sharing thoughts on this forum.

Hey all, I haven't posted in a long time or shown any progress, but I have been keeping an eye on the forums the whole time still. I thought I would post these pics of my progress on my 521 Stroker from the donor Thunderjet 429 motor. Here is how she sits on the stand as of today with all forged internals, full roller conversion, lots of head work, cannot wait to hear this baby pur. And yes I am getting new bolts for the front cover and pump, they are just mocked up for the picture lol.

2niyalt.jpg
[/img]

2zh00og.jpg
[/img]

Well I just received my Happy Birthday email from 7173Mustangs.com so I wanted to come back to my post and show everyone what my birthday brang me yesterday. Me and the fam drove all the way to Fairfield CA, to pic this new member of the family up. I have to say that she is a beautiful car and drove the 268 mile trip home nicely. So I would also like to ask the users of this forum if anyone is currently looking for a 73 Fastback project, I am finding that in my career and family life I don't have a lot of free time for a full time project car like the other car I have in my garage. If anyone is interested please message me and I will give a really good deal on my primer grey 73. This sale will not include the stroked out 429 engine I am still working on however lol.

2070ry0.jpg

2dadnc5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back