My Intro - and build thread

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put my rear spoiler on the Mach on Friday after work and before the local weekly Sonic Drive in car hang-out that happens every week. I followed a lot of the posts on this forum regarding the installation and just want to acknowledge how great the info is here. I have also added a photo of my Co-Pilot after cruising to the Sonic and hanging with my buddies. I have the front spoiler as well but didn't have enough time to install it before it was time to leave.

2h2fwd1.jpg

a57sbk.jpg

Haven't posted on my thread in a while and a lot has happened in the last week. Sold the 73 Non Mach Fastback car to 7173 member Charlie Safari a while back in New Zealand. Been holding the car for him here in California waiting on parts he had ordered. Well got them all and got the car ready to ship off.

Installed his newly acquired trunk lid and put it on the car to cover the trunk full of parts.

qys8pt.jpg

Pulled it out of the garage for the first time in a long time to prepare to be picked up by the body shop.

riak1u.jpg

And there it goes. Charlie Safari promises to keep me posted on his progress with the car. I hope he creates a build thread on here for it.

muy2pw.jpg

Now for my Mach 1. I finally ordered a ton of parts from Summit Racing to start finishing off the 521 engine build.

Love to come home to these brown boxes at the front door.

6o0qa8.jpg

Parts galore. Still need more though.

j9wmxi.jpg

Put the intake, water pump and dizzy on for mock up fun.

20u7bz5.jpg

Than today i came home to this surprise which i was a little upset about thanks to CJ Pony Parts

mczst3.jpg

So the upset part. I ordered 2 15x7 Magnum 500's with BFG Radial TA's 215/6015 and 15x10 Magnums with BFG's 275/6015's. Before i submitted my order i called CJ Pony Parts and asked if i order offset size rims and tires if they could still mount and balance them before they ship them to me. The guy on the line says of course we do it free of charge on the "Note" section of the order form just state that you wanted them mounted and balanced before shipping. So i did that. And as you see in the pic that is not how i received them even though i did what they asked me to do on the paperwork. So now im going to have to take them to the local tire shop and pay them to do it for me where i was going to get it for free. Oh wondering why there are only two rims and two tires received so far, the 15x10 rims and the BFG's to go on them are on back order and was never given a date on when to expect them. Anyone else order them from CJ have an idea on how long it takes to get these????

I haven't called them yet about it, im upset but not that upset i guess just venting. The rim quality looks flawless to on these front wheels.

Love those brown boxes!!

They always make my day. :)

I have always had good experience with CJ ponyparts and one if the guys is on this forum, so maybe you should drop them a mail.

My only gripes with CJPP ever have been all about the back-order issues. I can certainly understand that a vendor sometimes get behind in stock or maybe doesn't keep many slow-selling items in stock - but let a guy know, ya know? And oh yeah - update your website! If you don't have it in stock, then remove the "IN STOCK" words on the item description pages.

I recently made an order for some things they have exclusively (very stock-looking H4 lights, being one item), and was bummed when I learned two of the items were on back-order... BUT... The next morning I received a call on my cell (voicemail, since it was in the truck while I was at work) explaining the status. OK - I can live with that, and thank you for the update. Then about a week later, I received another voicemail stating that the items were being shipped... and I received them shortly thereafter. Awesome! Like I said, bummer it's on back order, and I can certainly understand that it soemtimes happens - but being notified and kept in the loop was huge for morale. They still have some things [exclusively] that I want for my car, and I'll be less apt to hunt around for someone else when it comes time to buy those things.

In short - it seemed like they got better about it. But they shouldn't have let you go so long without telling you "something."

And the whole promising to mount & balance - that sucks... and probably should just cut bait on the fronts (sending 'em back will only get more expensive). But definitely let them know how you feel about that, and hopefully when they actually DO get your rears ready to ship, they'll mount & balance before they send 'em.

Good luck, Man!

Cars looks really solid, got to love those Central Valley California rust free cars.

I lived in Monterey California several years ago and due to the salt mists from the ocean older cars parked outside rust pretty quick, so there are some rusty California cars that have never left California.

Want to post my engine build information just for my records on here and for in case anyone is ever interested in what i did. Pretty much the entire list can be looked up at Summit Racing except for the engine block and Crites stuff.

1970 Thunderjet 429 Long Block w/C6 Trans

1-47606BI - Scat Engine Rotating Assemblies 521 Stoker Kit

CCA-34-432-9 - COMP RETRO FIT ROLLER CAM

CCA-1411-16 - COMP ROLLER TIP RCKRS 1.72

CCA-4600-16 - COMP ROCKER ARM NUTS

CCA-795-16 - COMP STEEL RETAINERS 10D BEEHIVE

CCA-614-16 - COMP VALVE LOCKS 10D

CCA-4838-8 - COMP GUIDE PLATES

CCA-8934-16 - COMP ROLLER LIFTERS

CCA-7983-16 - COMP PUSHRODS

CTR-15-750 - OIL PAN

CTR-15-751 - PICK UP

MEL-M84EHVS OIL PUMP HI-VOL 429/460

FMS-M-6527-C311 ROCKERARM STUDS

SCE-035443 - FORD 460 4.440x.032 HEAD GASKETS

ARP-154-7903 - BBF OIL PUMP DRIVE SHAFT

CVS-BOP64CL - FUEL BLOCK OFF PLATE

PIO-872017 - CRANK BALANCER

EDL-8866 - WATER PUMP FORD 429/460 VICTOR

EDL-7566 - INTAKE MANIFOLD

HLY-0-80514-1 - HOLLEY 1000CFM CARBURETOR

MSD-8580 - FORD DIST 351C/M 400 429 460

MSD-8202 - BLASTER 2 COIL/MSD APPLICATION

MOR-73674 - WIRE SET

ATL-XP25 - SPARK PLUGs

TFS-2141501C - PHENOLIC 4HOLE CNC CARB SPACER

DUI-84859 - THEMOSTAT HOUSING

MOR-63440 - RESTRICTORS WATER OUTLET

TCI-411200 - STREETFIGHTER TRANSMISSION

HUP-35-20 - TORQUE CONVERTER

HUU-1745000 - HURST LINE LOCK SYSTEM

HUU-3160009 - HURST QUARTER STICK SHIFTER

CRITES LONG TUBE HEADERS

HLY-0-80514-1 - Holley 4150HP 1000cfm Carb

MSD-6425 - MSD 6AL Ignition box

PWM-9405 - Power Master Mini Starter

List will get updated as more parts come in.

And to date, my rear rims and tires from CJ Pony Parts still have not arrived, as you can see from my above post i ordered the front and rear at the same time and got the fronts on July 17th. They call me every week, "Supplier says it will be another week." Geez laweez

Last edited by a moderator:
Update, since the special order Magnum 500's were never getting built with no sign of when I would ever receive them I cancelled my order and made a custom order direct to American Racing. They said it would be 4 to 6 weeks for delivery and ended up coming in at 3 1/2 weeks. Here is a pic of one of the rears when I went to look at them and order the rubber for them. The rear are 18x10 and 17x7 fronts in polished aluminum. Its going to take longer to clean these than the car lol.

t9f4p4.jpg

Went and got the new rims and tires installed on the Mach 1 today and man o man I have fallen in love with my car, my pregnant wife is jealous of it now. I only have this pic so far there may be more after tomorrows Friday night Cruise in. :)

2djz14x.jpg

The 351c is about to be pulled from the bay, as well as the FMX. Got the complete new fuel system that will be routed from the tank along the passenger side using 1/2" tubing. Then going to install the new line lock system since there will be tons of room with the engine and trans out. Just received the Powermaster Mini high torque starter, Holley 4150HP 1000cfm carb, driving to Fresno tomorrow to pick up my newly ceramic coated headers.

"All I want for Christmas is to start this thing."

1588tc1.jpg

34nmkie.jpg

Well spent the entire Friday pulling the 315C and FMX. Then we removed a ton of now useless wires, tubing, and hoses. Started fabing up cover plates for the shifter hole, and brake booster hole in the firewall to get ready for the new Hurst shifter and Wilwood non-power master cylinder with added line lock system.

Today finishing up the firewall brake hole cover, installing new carpet kit, degreasing engine bay and removing old nasty rusted battery tray.

333aefc.jpg

Three nights in a row working till midnight out in the garage in the freezing cold here in Central Cali. Didn't get my Christmas wish of getting to start this beast up, but the 521 is all bolted in between the fenders and the new TCI C-6 is bolted up and mounted. Now its just all the small stuff and getting a driveline made. Also got all brand new suspension and steering put on the front end.

x3yiw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back