My New '11 GT

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats O, those coyotes are beast. I was wrenching on mine this weekend and found out the passenger cowl is toast, drivers side is near perfect. Car must have sat on an angle for a long time. It's really dissapointing as what it would take to fix it is way to deep than I'd like to go. But I don't like half baked work either. my wife is going through knee surgury and will be out of commission of about 8 weeks so i'm going to play working man and baby sitter for next two months. Right now i have new carpet and interior pieces to install but kinda pointless at this point. It's a real downer too as i don't have the work station, time, skills, or $$ right now to take on such a project. :( We'll see what happens and good luck with your new ride!

Ok, so almost 3 weeks into this car I'm getting quite the crash course on modern technology! The car came with an SCT tuner, which I always thought was generally a fun way to add a few hp by re calibrating your computer. Little did I know it's required for certain mods. I came up short trying to get info through the dealer from the previous owner as to what exactly has been done to the car. So I've been trying to figure it all out on my own. I tried to tune the car "back to stock" being concerned about what grade of fuel to use with the tune that was loaded and the car idled ok but fell flat on its face when you tried to drive it. After doing a little research I found out this was because of the Steeda cold air intake that apparently has a 95mm mass air tube vs. the stock 85mm. Good news: it apparently adds a dyno proven 38hp! Bad news, I can't tune back to stock if I wanted to cuz I don't have the stock MAF tube.

Anyone here know anything about tuning??? I'd like to learn more about it.

By the way, one things for sure...the car is fast as hell!!! :D :D :D

Well, it's been over a year since my last post about this car, and I gotta say...it's still just as badass as it was when I bought it! As most of you know, it's been a long 6-8 months for me. With regard to the car, the engine blew, and it had some unfortunate body damage. Well, all that's fixed and I did bring it to a few shows this past season. I did manage to do a few small upgrades despite the nonsense going on in my personal life. I repainted my wheels, got all my windows re-tinted and also had the full windshield done. I installed a Barton Industries short throw shifter, and managed to have my dash signed by the man himself...Chip Foose. :D

Here are some pics of all the fun:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413683271.968284.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413683311.719263.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1413683337.901292.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413683370.268217.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413683389.385054.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413683416.818241.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413683447.252840.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Cant tell the car was ever damaged in those places. The chip foose drawing is a nice touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Back