My son's 72 mustang

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that scoop. I had a 69 Fairlane that I put one of those scoops from a Torino in a junkyard. Mine had turn signal indicators in the back of it. I traded that car in on my Mach 1. I put the stock hood and wheels when I traded it.
Dang R code! My heart scipped when I saw your Fairlane / Torino hard top! I ABSOLUTLY love the 68/69 Fairlane hard tops! My heart just goes pitter patter! I mean I really love them!

My Dad and Mom bought a 69 Fairlane Cobra "R" code fastback.I loved that car,but the hard top really gets me going!

Long story short,that should be the car I have now instead of my Mach.It was going to be my High school graduation car in 1972.The car just barely had 22,000 miles on it.My mother was driving to work on January 29th,her birthday,hit a patch of ice it spun,hit a gaurd rail,the rail gave way and she wound up on the service road below.She only got a small cut but the car was bent at the windsheild.The insurance fixed it but my dad said it just wasn't right.

He traded it in on a 1972 Gran Torino Sport,.Butt ugley car,the hard top version.400 2v etc.....They did it with out my knowing because pop would have known how upset I would be.

Nance,I love what you are doing for your son!Car looks great! My son just left the Navy after 8 years.

Tell your son thanks!

1973_Ford-47.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting back to the scoop subject:

I love the look of the 69 Mach1 scoop on the 71-73 Mustang. I put one on mine too and I have never regretted it.

Back