My story and I’m sticking to it

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My car has been parked for 40 years. It turned 50 this year and I turned 70 so I figured it’s now or never to get it back on the road.
Awesome!!! It's never to late to get started on it!!! Once it's road worthy, Drive it like you stole it!!!! 😁

Nice project, tell us more about why it sat for so long, your plans for the restoration, and what you’re gonna do with it. And more pics please. Looks like a nice day in Pen for December!

AHHHH! Inspirational,
Started off 10 years ago with a steering pump problem. Then I thought, 'while I'm here'.
MR2.jpg
Never the less, still working on it but still removing parts instead of re-installing.
At the moment building a fuel tank gimboling thingy to clean the inside of my tank. Young kids might be able to throw a 20 gallon tank around but I think I'm passed it.

My car has been parked for 40 years. It turned 50 this year and I turned 70 so I figured it’s now or never to get it back on the road.
You're never to old. I spent 3 yrs or so restoring my 73 Mach 1. Got a 1 year sidetrack with a bad paint job, and also a delay because of EFI problems, but they have been solved and it runs well. Please post up more pictures and more of the backstory for your car. I'd suggest starting a build thread in the "Mustang Registry - Project Build Threads" forum on this site to document your journey. You'll find my thread documenting the Rickster's restoration there. We'd love to follow along with you, on your restoration journey.

Dinger I am in the same boat as you. My car has been parked for 40 years too. I turn 69 this year. It is now or never for me too. Good luck on yours

Let's keep the motivation going! I have a not quite as long term project that is very close to being on the road for the first time in maybe 30 yrs (I have had it for at least 28 yrs).....so what do i do? Get a complete basket case vert as the next project! Too bad ur not closer to me!

Let's keep the motivation going! I have a not quite as long term project that is very close to being on the road for the first time in maybe 30 yrs (I have had it for at least 28 yrs).....so what do i do? Get a complete basket case vert as the next project! Too bad ur not closer to me!
What was your plan?

Back