• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

My stupid builder...seeking ORIGINAL 351C Piston & Valve & Spring

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Convertible
Born an I-6, spent the teenage, 20 and 30 years as a 302, but at 40 will reach full potential as a 351C.
I ALWAYS keep my old engine parts...I probably got a set of 1973 Original plugs for my first Mustang.

However, I let me guard down with my engine builder. The first engine he did for me, I got everything back: Pistons, Rings, Valves, Springs, Cam, Tappets....

This time, I got nothing. So...I am looking for USED original 351C Piston(flat top with relief), valves, springs, tappets.

I am not too concerned about condition...I am just interested in the ORIGINAL parts for my "library".

Thanks.

A few questions are you going to use this stuff or are you going to use it as shelf ART. What size pistons do you want? standard, .017,.030,.040. On your valve train wish list do you want performance springs or old single springs and how about valves 2v or 4v?

A few questions are you going to use this stuff or are you going to use it as shelf ART.
Shelf/Teaching art...I hope to be able to teach my grandkids about all the crap that is in an motor. I also want to show how some things have changed, like the pistons used to be cast/forged steel and now they are aluminum, and the rockers are now roller instead of the "slide". There is history to be taught.

I guess you could say with all the overhead cam engines, pushrods and lifters are going away as well.

I am trying to get items original to a 351C 4V, simply to compare it with the motor I am building....this is what I took out, this is what I put in, here is why it is different.

What size pistons do you want? standard, .017,.030,.040.
I am looking for something out of an original motor, so standard. I have photos, but no material.

On your valve train wish list do you want performance springs or old single springs and how about valves 2v or 4v?
Whatever was stock in a 4V, with one exhaust and one intake valve.

With the valves, I can show how they used to be 2 piece(not sure what the reason for that was).

Thank you very much for asking.

Sorry I can't help you, James. My builder pitched my pistons and I'm still using all the head parts.
Do you want one of each or do you want some parts to build an engine?:huh:

Do you want one of each or do you want some parts to build an engine?:huh:
I am just looking for one of each. Good used unclean parts. Thought a bent rod, burnt up piston might be good to. Just looking for scraps.

James, are you in a hurry? I have a used piston and rod (actually all 8) from the new short block I will be building for my car. Valve springs are the same from 2v to 4v, visually anyways. What I am saying is if you can wait a couple of weeks until I'm home I can come up with a few parts, maybe not a stock 4v valve.

James, are you in a hurry? I have a used piston and rod (actually all 8) from the new short block I will be building for my car. Valve springs are the same from 2v to 4v, visually anyways. What I am saying is if you can wait a couple of weeks until I'm home I can come up with a few parts, maybe not a stock 4v valve.
I will check my stash I probably have some stock 4v valve train stuff!

James, are you in a hurry?
No hurry at all. Just hoping forum members keep me in mind.

Thanks.
I have some valves still looking for springs! Do you want to pm me regarding address and is the shipping on your dime?:-/

I have some valves still looking for springs! Do you want to pm me regarding address and is the shipping on your dime?:-/
Yes...shipping is on my dime. And I don't mind adding a couple of bucks for your trouble.

Latest posts

Back