Mystery socket, connector, and bare wire.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danno

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Fastback, Sportsroof
I have several lone,cut and or spliced wires connected to nothing, along with a socket ( a black wire and a greenish wire with a red stripe wire going to it), a 2 wire flat plastic connector (blk with blue stripe, blue with blk stripe) The socket looks like it would take a 196 bulb, and both of these are coming out of the left dash opening. The instrument panel is not installed. Those are the easy ones.

I also have 2 wires coming from a "Y" bundle behind the dash just to the left of the center opening for the radio, one is white with a red stripe and one is white with a black stripe and one of these is hot all the time. There is also a plug that used to have 3 wires, but now only has one wire and it is black with a blue stripe. Lastly there are 2 black wires spliced into one wire with a cut spade connector, all from the same general area. Sorry to be so vague, I will hit my diagrams again tomorrow, but I hoped maybe I could get a few leads on at least some of these. I am guessing one of these was for the lighter that is not installed, and missing.

I have several lone,cut and or spliced wires connected to nothing, along with a socket ( a black wire and a greenish wire with a red stripe wire going to it), a 2 wire flat plastic connector (blk with blue stripe, blue with blk stripe) The socket looks like it would take a 196 bulb, and both of these are coming out of the left dash opening. The instrument panel is not installed. Those are the easy ones.

I also have 2 wires coming from a "Y" bundle behind the dash just to the left of the center opening for the radio, one is white with a red stripe and one is white with a black stripe and one of these is hot all the time. There is also a plug that used to have 3 wires, but now only has one wire and it is black with a blue stripe. Lastly there are 2 black wires spliced into one wire with a cut spade connector, all from the same general area. Sorry to be so vague, I will hit my diagrams again tomorrow, but I hoped maybe I could get a few leads on at least some of these. I am guessing one of these was for the lighter that is not installed, and missing.
The bulb socket with the black and grn/red wires is the alt warning light I believe. I can look tonight and see about the other. My dash is apart right now.

I have my dash sitting out ready to go in. I'll let you know when I get back from therapy.
There we go - " back from therapy "

By the way what is the PSYCHIATRISTS name :angel: :whistling: :dodgy:

Wellllllll. After you gave me the Chevelle air cleaner. I'm having a really rough time after discovering your really a Chevy Guy! :s

DSCN2553.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
:worthlesswithoutpics:
You are absolutely correct!!!!!!!! I have not had a whole lot of luck doing that though. I will

1........take pics and try again, and

2........look closer at my diagrams

I couldn't agree with you more, but it was late and I was tired (lazy!):blush:

Latest posts

Back