Need advice on color change

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If an attempt to pick up the car was made make sure we have a written statement from the trucking company stating dates, times, calls, etc. The more info the better!

Is the car in NY or CA? When I saw the Craiglist add I thought it was in CA.
I think a member here saw the actual car in CA but the seller seems to have a connection to NY as well and allegedly has some parts there.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

If an attempt to pick up the car was made make sure we have a written statement from the trucking company stating dates, times, calls, etc. The more info the better!

Is the car in NY or CA? When I saw the Craiglist add I thought it was in CA.
Good advice. Thanks! The car is in California, but he tells me some of the parts are in NY and will have to be shipped from his house. I have that info, along with the list of parts as messages or texts on my phone back and forth from me to him. For some reason, when I click on the messages to forward them to my email, I just get some symbols, like a heart, or a question mark, and I don't see a way to forward them anywhere. If I just show the phone to an attorney and he sees the messages, can that be used as evidence in a court case?

It can be used as evidence unfortunately to do so in court you will be required to surrender your entire phone as evidence. You may want to check with your cell carrier. A friend of mine was going through a custody battle and his carrier was able to print the entire string of text messages from his phone including the senders info.

A painful lesson indeed. Sorry to hear about your wife too.

If this is just a misunderstanding now about picking up the car (forgetting about the possible misrepresentation) maybe this can be resolved to some extent. Since you cant have a car carrier standing by at this person's whims find a fairly local guy with a flatbed and a lot. In writing arrange a pick up with the seller using the local truck and prearrange a reasonable storage fee for the car at that place's lot. Then you can breathe for a day or two until you can get a transporter plus the car will now be away from the seller so at least you have the property.

Don't forget to get a title or whatever you need to register the car in your state. If you don't have anything in writing about the other parts I'm not sure you can compel the guy to send them at this point. If the above doesn't work and the guys whole goal here was to simply steal your money you will have to pursue legal options to try and recover it. Let us know how it goes

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Hi Twins. Thanks for your kind words. Great advice. I will look into it.

It can be used as evidence unfortunately to do so in court you will be required to surrender your entire phone as evidence. You may want to check with your cell carrier. A friend of mine was going through a custody battle and his carrier was able to print the entire string of text messages from his phone including the senders info.

Awesome advice! Thanks!!

There is a key piece of information about the car and what Travis told me that could be very important to this case. It has to do with the sellers' statement that the car is all numbers matching. I would like to communicate to as many members who would be knowledgeable on how to handle this situation, but I would prefer to do this through PM. Please contact me through PM and I will give you details then you can give me your advice. Thanks!

Back