Need Block Mounting Brackets

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, just wanted to thank you for the lead on the 429 frame brackets from Albert. I just finished up the deal today. Turns out the electronic transfer of money from the U.S. is way more difficult than it should be if one of the parties won't use something like PayPal!
Tom, glad to learn I was able to help. Yes indeed money transfers can and are a problem, but I do use PayPal and never had an issue. Recently I sold a part to someone in the US and they paid me in Canadian dollars through PayPal. That way, they pay the exchange and I get the Cdn dollars I want. Easy Peasy! I'll use PayPal over a credit card any day for cross border transactions. I got my credit card hacked before, but fortunately Visa caught it as a suspicious transaction.
Anyway I hope it all works out for you and you get that big beast in your car soon.
Keep us all up on progress eh!

Tom, glad to learn I was able to help. Yes indeed money transfers can and are a problem, but I do use PayPal and never had an issue. Recently I sold a part to someone in the US and they paid me in Canadian dollars through PayPal. That way, they pay the exchange and I get the Cdn dollars I want. Easy Peasy! I'll use PayPal over a credit card any day for cross border transactions. I got my credit card hacked before, but fortunately Visa caught it as a suspicious transaction.
Anyway I hope it all works out for you and you get that big beast in your car soon.
Keep us all up on progress eh!
I asked him about me paying him via PayPal, but he said he doesn't want to join any pay apps. He said several others had paid him directly to his email. I guess that's not possible crossing the border. I looked at tons of options and finally talking to my local bank. They suggested a cashier's check was safest and fastest.

I asked him about me paying him via PayPal, but he said he doesn't want to join any pay apps. He said several others had paid him directly to his email. I guess that's not possible crossing the border. I looked at tons of options and finally talking to my local bank. They suggested a cashier's check was safest and fastest.
Yeah some people have strange ideas about that. PayPal is about the safest way and is as secure as it can be. Only PayPal have access to one's bank account or credit card info.
Anyway you got it done so I hope the mounts arrive safe and are what you need.

Yep, during the '67-73 era they were essentially identical, only body panels and sound deadeners were thicker on Cougars. I was friends with a guy who's father ran a Mercury dealership in our town. He had a '71 429CJ Cougar. From the bottom you couldn't tell them apart.
Hey, wanted to let you know that the frame engine mount brackets arrived today from Alberta. It took 8 working days for my cashier's check to reach him, and 5 days for the package to arrive here. That border certainly slows stuff down. Anyway, thanks for the lead, it's working out great.

You are most Welcome. He made me a set for a '73 back in the early eighties. Several sets for other earlier apps. He is a machinist, welder, fabricator, FORD encyclopedia and a Mustang guy with gray hair. But that's not all. He is intelligent and easy going. If I were Female I would marry him. LOL

A joke for all. What did the deer say when she came out of the woods? I'm not doing THAT again for two bucks!
CandyRcode:

Finally got my 429 frame engine brackets today. Had gotten a pair of the "rubber" D1ZZ vibration isolaters. I turned him loose on making my block brackets. He said he'd need a week and a half. I chuckled and said take your time, I'm still getting other hard to find things together. Anyway, I appreciate the lead!

Hey, wanted to let you know that the frame engine mount brackets arrived today from Alberta. It took 8 working days for my cashier's check to reach him, and 5 days for the package to arrive here. That border certainly slows stuff down. Anyway, thanks for the lead, it's working out great.
I'm so glad that worked out for you. Yeah it's called "Snail Mail" for a reason. I guess it's their way of justifying the ridiculous cost of mailing/shipping anything these days, slow it down and charge more.

For others looking for 71/73 Mustang parts, www.kijiji.ca can be a useful website for parts in Canadian dollars. Enter 71 Mustang in the "what are you looking for" tab and set your search for all of Canada.

CandyRcode:

Finally got my 429 frame engine brackets today. Had gotten a pair of the "rubber" D1ZZ vibration isolaters. I turned him loose on making my block brackets. He said he'd need a week and a half. I chuckled and said take your time, I'm still getting other hard to find things together. Anyway, I appreciate the lead!
Just received the block brackets from Roy. Very nice work! Thanks for the info. Now I'm looking for a fan shroud. I'm seriously looking at a AOD for the swap. The car has 3:91 gears in a Nodular iron third member and 31 spline axles and I'm not wanting to run down the interstate at 70MPH at 4000RPM with a 550+ inch big block.

Have you thought about a 6R80 transmission? A lot stronger than an AOD and adapters are now available. That's what I'm leaning towards now that AODs and AODE/4R70Ws are getting hard to find.
https://transmissionadapters.com/collections/ford/products/fo1002501-429-460-to-modular-transmission
Humm, not sure I wanna drop $3000 on an adapter and controller. I'm debating between a C6 or AOD. I can just build a trans and drop it in. I gotta admit a 6 speed would be fun. Wonder if I could put the shifter from a 2010-2012 Fusion sport in a Mach 1....

I traded my c6 for an aod and couldn't be happy. My car also has 3.91 gears, and highway driving with overdrive is quite the comfort upgrade. If you drive highway miles, don't care about being correct and don't race, I like the aod.

Humm, not sure I wanna drop $3000 on an adapter and controller. I'm debating between a C6 or AOD. I can just build a trans and drop it in. I gotta admit a 6 speed would be fun. Wonder if I could put the shifter from a 2010-2012 Fusion sport in a Mach 1....
A "Gear Vendors" unit may be a good option for you.

Just received the block brackets from Roy. Very nice work! Thanks for the info. Now I'm looking for a fan shroud. I'm seriously looking at a AOD for the swap. The car has 3:91 gears in a Nodular iron third member and 31 spline axles and I'm not wanting to run down the interstate at 70MPH at 4000RPM with a 550+ inch big block.
I have an AOD that I picked up with other parts from an auction that I should sell. I live in Central Ohio. Thx, Bill

The AOD was never made to mate up to a 385 series bolt pattern, so you'll need an adapter regardless. Without some substantial upgrades, an AOD won't live long behind one either.

No matter what, you're in for a bunch of money if you want an overdrive.

Back