Need to replace my 73 Radiator

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greghen

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
Looks like I need to replace my Radiator.. Would you suggest looking going with an aluminum replacement or see if I can find one in a scrap yard?

The scrap yard is almost certainly a dead end for a radiator. Murray builds a 3 row that appears to be close to original. It is $226 from O'Reilly's. Chuck

+ 3 What they said! I have the factory heavy duty 351/ 429 W AC. No problems with cooling at all. I have made six hard passes at the track back to back with no overheating issues,also is great in traffic, and it has been in the 100+ this summer.

My Griffin was supposed to be a direct replacement..............NOT, the bottom hose neck was angle 45 degrees so I removed it and welded in straight. All is good now but watch for aftermarket "direct replacement" is all I'm sayin

Good information....I need a replacement soon too...My car still has original matching radiator in it...But its starting to seep a bit...And im thinking i wanna put it up sence it still a working original radiator...Ill look into Murray for a replacement.

I know griffin has decent radiators...But my freind ordered one for his pontiac..And it was all messed up...Cap wouldnt even go on..Was messed up from the factory..But i hear they do make good products...And they did send him a new one to replace the bad right away..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Good information....I need a replacement soon too...My car still has original matching radiator in it...But its starting to seep a bit...And im thinking i wanna put it up sence it still a working original radiator...Ill look into Murray for a replacement.

I know griffin has decent radiators...But my freind ordered one for his pontiac..And it was all messed up...Cap wouldnt even go on..Was messed up from the factory..But i hear they do make good products...And they did send him a new one to replace the bad right away..lol

But they do polish up nice:D you can see it in front of my new shroud

shroud.jpg

I got a northern brand off of e-bay for less than summit sells their in house brand for our cars. (summit rads are northern brand) It works, the the trans line fittings do not swap over. I had to buy a couple of adapters.

IMG_15131.jpg

I got a northern brand off of e-bay for less than summit sells their in house brand for our cars. (summit rads are northern brand) It works, the the trans line fittings do not swap over. I had to buy a couple of adapters.

IMG_15131.jpg
Totalled , thats what i was looking into also beacause of the stock appearance. I was gonna paint it black to look more original. How much does that radiator run?

Thanks Kevin

Dont you guys have the shop right for change the panel of the Rad but keep the upper part and structure??... Here in Uruguay i know some qualified shops do that kinda job and even if i still never needed to, that was my plan when my Rad broke down...

Back