• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Need Wheel Size for 28/10.50-15 slicks to fit 73 Mach

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpoepperling

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1, 460, automatic
I am looking for a pair of wheels to mount a pair of 28/10.50-15 slicks on a 73 Mach 1.

Please let me know if you have the wheels I need for a reasonable price, or if you know what width and backspacing will work.

918-760-1831 call or text

[email protected]

I picked up a pair of 10 inch with 4.5 inch backspacing last weekend, so I guess we'll see.....

I picked up a pair of 10 inch with 4.5 inch backspacing last weekend, so I guess we'll see.....
I have always run 7-8 inch wide wheels, the 10s wont fit without modifying your wheel wells, what kind of wheels are you looking for?

I have always run 7-8 inch wide wheels, the 10s wont fit without modifying your wheel wells, what kind of wheels are you looking for?
Really I have 9.5 on the back of mine and still have room. A ten with the right back spacing would have fit no problems. Mine is a 71

i have that exact same slick tire mounted on a 15x10 with a 5.5 BS fits no problem. i have rolled lips.

if the BS was 6.25, it would fit perfectly inside the wheel well without rubbing and clearing the sway bar if you have a OEM one.

with my 5.5 BS, i am clearing but not by too much so i think a 4.5 BS might be pushing the envelope. you should find a wheel thats 5.5 BS to 6.5.

Really I have 9.5 on the back of mine and still have room. A ten with the right back spacing would have fit no problems. Mine is a 71
roy, with the correct BS and wheel size =) !!!

Last edited:
Well, like I said....after last weekend, I have a pair of 15x10 like-new draglites and a pair of 28x10.50-15 M/T Drag slicks with 2 passes on them. Since I picked it all up for $120, I figured I could sell them if I can't use them.

Of course, I lost oil pressure driving it home from work yesterday. So, unfortunately, I won't be getting to trying out the tires until I get that issue taken care of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, they might work, but I could definitely use some wheels with another inch of backspacing. Does anyone have some they would trade?

Latest posts

Back