New 1972 owner

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, just bought a 1972 Mustang hardtop last week from the original owner out here in California. No rust, no motor and plenty of body flaws. Bought her for 500 bucks. Then bought a 1971 Thunderjet 429 motor for 500 this weekend. I'm pretty excited to have one of these Mustangs. I love this body style and wish they kept em longer! The car was bought in Austin, TX and still has the original plates in the trunk. Going to be busy with this project for a while. Here she is below...

Hi,

My name is Syl, I am a 2nd Owner of a '71 302 V8 2V Grande Coupe I have the exact same color as yours-YellowGold-. I'm new to this forum so I'm not too sure if you will get this....anyway, for that particular color I can guarantee that once you put her back on the road..'You will get compliments AND ask if you are selling it. I am at the point of posting a sign in the back of my window-~NOT FOR SALE~ you are the 2nd car Owner that I have seen that has this color. So if it is the original color which I know it is..KEEP THE COLOR...
603952_10202120388151250_2008146245_n[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from up north.....Lincoln, Ca.

Keep us posted on your progress

Thanks again. Good to see all these Mustang owners. I'll definitely be posting things on the restore. And yes, I have the flag up as I'm a displaced Texan stationed in CA. And wow good to see another gold mustang! It's got that 70s "ginger" interior color am I right? Lol

Thanks again. Good to see all these Mustang owners. I'll definitely be posting things on the restore. And yes, I have the flag up as I'm a displaced Texan stationed in CA. And wow good to see another gold mustang! It's got that 70s "ginger" interior color am I right? Lol
Yes, you're right it has that 70's Ginger interior and brown carpet. When are you going to start restoring it? Once you restore it. make sure you put it under lock and key and beware of those compliments and offers, they will be all over you..lol..I see you said you are stationed in CA; are you in the Military? If you are..lol well so am I. When you finish with the restore I'd like to meet up with you and take a in person look at your '72 and side it with my '71. Whenever I find and fix my Carb issue.

Right you are about the new heads rpmcarter. Can't wait to start it up. Only a few weeks before engine drop in hopefully. And Forsaleno, lets's definitely meet up when they are both running. We are starting the restore process now. Just cleaned the engine bay for a quick paint job in it and started to lay down some dynamat before the carpet. I'll let you know when time gets close but hopefully by summertime she'll be a running car.

Welcome from Fabulous Las Vegas! Sounds like you got a rear score! I'll be looking forward to many pictures of your project. Don't be afraid to ask questions. The guys and gals on this site are second to none. (Lord knows they've save my butt a few times!)

::welcome::

Hi and ::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe.

Both nice scores. I guess that things gonna be pretty fast when it´s done. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back