New dash harness

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mach1Mark

Reaction score
My Car
'68 Coupe
'72 Mach 1
Good late morning everyone,

I recently installeda cpiple things, an under hood harness, under dash harness, a tach/speedo cluster and the gauges that go into the center trim panel.

So now my dash lights won't turn on and my turn signals don't work either. (the light for the gear selector works) & I installed a new headlight switch))

All the dash lights came on for a minute, very dim, now nothing. Not sure if it's the new 3 gauge cluster works or if there's a kink in the wiring!

I need your alls help, I hate electrical stuff and cant figure this out!!

ANY help would be much appreciated.

-MF

Make sure your headlight switch is pulled out and rotate it through its range. Read the voltage on both taps of the smallest fuse on the fuse box: one side is from the headlight switch (it should range from 0 -12V as you rate the switch) and the other side should read the same.

My guess is that your headlight switch is bad (OMG! How can that be? Well, new switches out of the box are often bad).

Are both ground wires to the headlights properly screwed?

Clean the copper connector/pins to dash cluster print board and try a new flasher relay.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I forgot to check the fuse, it was blown! I replaced it and it worked for maybe three minutes. So apparently I have a short somewhere... great, ugh..

The lights are still very dim. The A/C controls aren't as dim as all the gauges though.

Any thoughts on that?!!

Back