New float needed for 72 429 carb...any idea where?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mach1chick

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 429 AT power windows, Ac, rear defrost.......PURPLE!
Hi! I am having my carb rebuilt and got the kit (I work for parts store) but no listing ANYWHERE for a float! I looked on Summitt, Ebay, etc and see nothing. If anyone knows, please, please let me know! Carb # is D2VF-AA.

Thanks!

What is wrong with your float?

Pinholes can be repaired.

Seats...well that is a different story.

I'm not sure if they are compatible, but I have a complete 76 460 carb I"d part with.

Float sticks periodically, and car sat for 15 yrs before I got it so having it redone. I actually did find one listed (it specifies "limited availability") but it is $69.95! It is a double float....monstrous looking thing. I hope I don't need one...will find out next week.

Kermit, I will let you know if I decide to go that route, and appreciate the offer!

Well, after my local carb guy gave up on finding a float, and after talking to a guy in florida who said he could get one but wanted to charge $228 to rebuild it, I found this guy in Pittsburgh, just 30 miles away:

www.karbking.com

He specializes in Ford carbs, free pick up and delivery within 100 miles, has all the parts, and charges only $125. They are picking mine up today (Wed) and will be back on Monday. I will post when it is on and running!

Latest posts

Back