NEW GLASS FOR 1971 MACH 1 VIN: 1F05M218422 MANUAL WINDOWS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
I have just acquired a 1971 Mach 1 and setting out on a restomod to make this vehicle something different and special.
This forum is my choice as 71-73 models are not popular in Australia and information is difficult to find.
My VIN: 1F05M218422
It will be along the lines of one in Japan.
(http://www.speedhunters.com/author/2281434115/)
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of ordering glass for this rebuild project, I live in Australia

which is half a world away and need to order the correct glass for my girl.

I have been corresponding with Auto City Classic and they have asked me for the Trim Tag

Number - they advise that it is either 63D or 63R - they believe it is a 63R.

I have no idea where this Tab is, can anyone assist me as to its location - I have not seen anything

like it during the resto.

CJ Pony Parts have not been that helpful as you are dealing with a computer not a person.

Anyone purchased through Auto City Classic - they are at least are assisting but I need to absolutely know

I am purchasing the correct glass.

Greetings from a fellow Aussi owner.  It's an 05 Mach 1 so will be 63R.  The " tab " they refer to would be on the rear edge of the left hand door but frequently lost over time.  If you haven't already got one, order a Marti report for this VIN, it will tell you all kinds of detail & help with other searches.  Might also put your question on the Mustang Owners Australia forum for local advice.

Have fun.

PKJ. 

Yes, your car is a 63R (fastback) 

Now, not to alarm you too much as you have to order (probably from the USA), back in 2014 when I had my Mach repainted, I decided I wanted to replace the windshield as the old one (not original) was heavily pitted. The shop owner bought in a local company to replace the glass. It took 6 windshields before they got one that fitted. Chinese crap as usual! some had too much curve, others not enough and you can't bend a windshield!! As for side glass, I needed one replaced, but I bought a good used one. Quarter lites are available. Not sure about the back glass. 

Try National Parts Depot. they may have a better quality product.

I bought my side glass windows from Auto city glass, great fit and lots of heavy packaging when shipped. There are others that bought from them too. I think someone had started to install the glass and found out the curvature of the glass was wrong. Ended up sending them the right  glass with no problems. Ryan 

Thanks for your replies - ordered Auto City Classic glass - complete glass kit.

Sending from CA to Melbourne , Australia.

6DUB606 - Where are you in Australia? Mel (0419 044 550)

I'm in Mackay, Qld ( sun shining & virus free )  Car is currently for sale through Aust Mustang Owners forum & Gumtree.

Local owner of a '72 Grande just had glass supplier 3 shots at getting the front screen correct.

Have fun with your project.

Have noted your number, thanks.

PKJ

Back