New guy from Culpeper, Va.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canyonwlf7

Reaction score
My Car
Looking for a 71
I'm looking for a 71-73 Mustang to buy, I have had in the past a 69 Mustang, a 60 & 70 Cougar, I'm 61 and have Porsche Cayman S but want to add a Pony to the stable.
I'm starting my search for the right car, I prefer to find one that is mostly original/clean/complete vs. a project :)
I DONT want to buy from any of the multitude of rip off "Classic" car dealers out there, it may be difficult to find an actual private party, call me crazy but I prefer the 71-73 body style over the 65-70 genre! my budget is 30k, thanks guys

Attachments

• IMG_2898.jpg
    IMG_2898.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
Welcome from Oklahoma. I don't know of a car that meets all of those requirements at the moment. Perhaps someone else does. Good luck on the search. Chuck

Culpeper, huh? As in:
16A27B83-68F1-4E9C-B810-64126B70F541.jpeg

Welcome to the forum from NC!
I think you’ll find what you are looking for; seems like a reasonable budget and if you are patient you’ll find a good one... though at the moment supply isn’t what it was pre-Covid.

Welcome from Ohio. Take your time and make sure you do a thorough inspection from top to bottom. Beside the typical areas that rust out one of the spots prone to rust on these cars is the cowl area by the air intake on the passenger side. Not that easy to tell unless you know what you are looking for.

Next to dealers and some of the car sites you might want to check Facebook Market Place. It seems like a popular place to list cars these days. 71's seem to be a little harder to find than 72's 73's but they are out there. If you find one you are interested in post the link to it here and the group can look it over and point out any issues we see.

Good luck on your search.

Last edited:
i agree with kelgon. facebook mkt place has several. u didn't give your location so do u want something close or willing to travel to look at it?? i sold my '73 fastback 3 months ago and regret it badly. so i'm looking to

Ive been looking at one sitting in my garage for the last 4 years.Its a beautiful red convertible black interior 302 auto.It needs finishing,and I could send pics if you are interestedWill need brake work,new top,trans and motor professionaly rebuilt before it was parked.Has the alluminum mags,tires are dry.New radiator,carpet,rear bumper,mach grille,replaced floor and 1/4 panels and professional 2 stage correct red.New outter door handles,emblems and wheel opening mouldings.Has the mach front under spoiler and rear trunk air foil.A great looking car,but still needs finish work,but for my asking price of $12,000 you have plenty of room to make a great deal. Ron m [email protected]

I'm looking for a 71-73 Mustang to buy, I have had in the past a 69 Mustang, a 60 & 70 Cougar, I'm 61 and have Porsche Cayman S but want to add a Pony to the stable.
I'm starting my search for the right car, I prefer to find one that is mostly original/clean/complete vs. a project :)
I DONT want to buy from any of the multitude of rip off "Classic" car dealers out there, it may be difficult to find an actual private party, call me crazy but I prefer the 71-73 body style over the 65-70 genre! my budget is 30k, thanks guys
I am considering selling my rare 72 Q code convertible grabber blue white top and interior. How serious are you looking? attached is a photo of my herd. That car is a show and parade favorite. The one of one Shelby GT 350 is not for sale. Rob C.

Attachments

• Mustangs.jpg
    Mustangs.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 20
I have been thinking about selling my 72 Mach I hate to do so but after a complete restore it needs to be ran, or it will go down hill as they say. At my age 80 I don't have the get up and go like I use to. So If any of you guy out there might be interested let me know. Keep in mine though the complete restore of this Mach coast me right at 38K.

Back