new here

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ramair

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Coupe 351W
1973 Cougar Convertible(sold)
1966 Mercury Comet 202
1985 F150 4X4
1989 Mercury Cougar XR7
1962 Ford Fairlane
I am new here, found this site from a link pasted on the 335 forum.

Currently I am working on a 73 Coupe, 302, C4 auto, AC, PS car. I have done quite a bit of work on it already but still have a lot left to do. I have replaced the passengers side outer wheel well, trunk floor drop off, quarter panel skin, tailight panel, and driver side floor pan. The body work is mostly done, I just need to tweak some spots on some panels, jam it out and paint it. As for mechanical work, I am going to change out the engine, trans, rearend and install power disc brakes. I am building a 85 roller 5.0 for it almost ready to be put together, I also have a rebuilt C4 out of a 70 Mustang. I have a 9" rearend and front Power disc brakes that are off 73 Cougar that will be going on this car.

::welcome::

Please post some pictures , we love pictures :)

I am new here, found this site from a link pasted on the 335 forum.

Currently I am working on a 73 Coupe, 302, C4 auto, AC, PS car. I have done quite a bit of work on it already but still have a lot left to do. I have replaced the passengers side outer wheel well, trunk floor drop off, quarter panel skin, tailight panel, and driver side floor pan. The body work is mostly done, I just need to tweak some spots on some panels, jam it out and paint it. As for mechanical work, I am going to change out the engine, trans, rearend and install power disc brakes. I am building a 85 roller 5.0 for it almost ready to be put together, I also have a rebuilt C4 out of a 70 Mustang. I have a 9" rearend and front Power disc brakes that are off 73 Cougar that will be going on this car.

Welcome to the forums! Great to have you aboard! Post some pics when you can!

::welcome::

Thanks to everyone, its not pretty but I hope to have it up and going with some fresh paint too boot. Here are a couple of pictures one is before I started any work on it and one of what it looked like a few months ago.

Here are some pictures of the latest work I done on my car. I had some rust in the floor pans and had to replace the drivers side floor and make a patch for the passengers side rear seat platform. On top of the rot through I had lots of surface rust and almost 40 years of nastys to clean up off the floors.

1973 Mustang ram air hood.JPG

Mustang replacement hood.JPG

73 Mustang floor rust.JPG

73 Mustang floor  rust #2.JPG

73 Mustang floor  rust #3.JPG

73 Mustang floor  rust #4.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
My Comet is my baby, the 73 Mustang is my stress relief and long term project. My 66 Comet 202 started out life as a 200 inline six car with a automatic. I put in a 289 and a BW T10 four speed tranny and ran that for about 10 years. Last year I pulled the 289 and sold it and bought a 69 351W out of a F100 and a toploader out of a 66 Fairlane for my Comet. I also have a 9" rearend out of a 70 Mustang and some 78 Granada disc brakes I plan to install on this car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back