new Mach 1 owner from Greensboro NC

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevehcode

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Hcode in grabber green metallic
Hi everyone. My name is Steven and I just bought a 1971 mach 1 about a month back. Ive been lurking on here for a few weeks and finally decided to join, really looks like theres alot of knowledge here.I have been doing restoration work for the past 7 years and finally pulled the trigger on a personal one to build with my father. Neither of us are getting any younger and we figured no better time than now.ANYWAYS onto the car.It is an original H code Mach 1 in grabber green metallic and will more than likely be going back that color.im still waiting on my marti report for the car but here is where things get interesting, the car has a hurst equipped 4speed.supposively only 1 351c 2v was ever built with a 4speed so my guess is the car was originally a 3speed and converted but I don't know because there was no door data plate on the car when I purchased it.but I have been tearing the car apart getting it ready for the mediablast and I swear the trans looks like it came in the car. The shifter is very aged meaning the whole assembly has been on there for many years from what it looks also the trans still has the original blue paint flaking off.is it possible this car could of been ordered this way or done at a dealer or has it for certain been converted? I guess ill find out in a week or so im just impatient.it definately has my curiosity up
wlaw52.jpg

20140430_173324.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the site from Virginia. Since there is no data plate, if you remove one of the front fenders you can check to see if the VIN under there matches the VIN on the dash. Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks guys! All vin numbers do match, that was first thing I checked once I pulled the fenders.

Welcome and best with your car...hope it turns out to be original.

Both the motor and the trans had partial VIN's stamped into them. I can say for certain on the automatics as it was on the top of the case. Not sure about manuals but my guess is they were also stamped. At least something to go look for.

^thanks will definately check that when I get it pulled this weekend

Hi There

Awesome car , original or not :)

Welcome from coastal Alabama! Be sure to add a pin to our member located under the Fun Stuff tab at the top of the page.

Welcome from Ohio

The lone H code 4 speed is accounted for by a member on the forum

He has the boss 302 prototype car

Ford left the 4 speeds natural - not painted blue

Still nice that it has a 4 speed already.

Don

Welcome from just down the road in Burlington! PM me if you need help with anything. Kind of busy with my own cars, but always willing to meet and help out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back