New Member Exordium

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1 (H-Code)
Howdy!

I must first say that I'm fairly delighted to find that there's a forum dedicated to the 1971 to 1973 Ford Mustang. While I'm a bit of a Camaro guy myself, I have always loved Mustangs, as well. As with the Camaro, I appreciate about any iteration of the Mustang, though my favorites are the early ones. It may be due to the gradual influence of my best friend, Tom, but I do think the '71 to '73 are my absolute favorites. Before we got old, married, etc, my friend Tom and I used to share a house. The house had a two car garage. Our daily drivers lived out on the driveway, in the rain, because the garage was fully occupied by my 1968 Camaro, and by Tom's 1972 Mustang Grande. Those cars are long gone, but Tom is still my best friend. We've been reminiscing over the past few months, about those cars, and we've decided we need to jump back into it again. We're on the lookout for just the right 1971-73 Mustang Coupe or Grande, as a starting point for a tasty, resto-mod, pro-touring type build. For now, I'm sure that I will primarily lurk here, and learn as much as I can, until we pull the trigger on a car. Then, we'll chronicle the progress on our project here.

Thanks to the admins, and to the general membership, for creating such an oasis on the internet!

Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Virginia! Lurkers are welcome here. You can always share some of your experiences with the old Mustang. Also, if you find one your thinking of buying you can get a lot of input here about your prospective purchase.

Welcome sir!! Hope you have good as time as i do on this forum.....helping a freind work on a 67 camaro right now "im not too brand bias" hehe ..like them all..But my favs are 71-73's mustangs..hehe

Welcome Tony from coastal Alabama. You have now joined the friendliest website on the net...& we all really like the 71-73 mustangs.

Be careful though this place is somewhat addicting.

Statewidelist.com is a great place to search for these cars.

Wow! Look at all the warm greetings I've gotten already! Thanks for the hospitality, guys, and also for the helpful links. I've told my buddy, Tom, about this forum, and, considering that many people, even supposed Mustang people, consider the '71 to '73 an ugly stepchild, he was very very enthusiastic to hear about a forum full of guys who consider it, as he does, the very best. I'm sure he'll get on here and register sometime today.

Regarding stories about his Mustang (or Mustangs, rather, as there was a '71, a '72, and even a '68 Cougar), there are some amusing ones, and some rather sad ones. I'll hold my fire, until Tom registers, since the Mustangs were his. Can't wait until we have new stories, about another Mustang...

::welcome:: from East Tn
Hey, neighbor! I'm in Knoxville.
Yep me to, well powell/clinton. I wondered about the knox vegas but did not say any thing
I've never seen your Mustang driving around town, but I'll definitely keep my eye out for it. Love the color!

Welcome to the site, Tony, from northern Nevada! Glad to have you here. Proud to say that this is one of the friendliest, knowledgeable sites on the internet.
I can already see that it's friendly here, and, from a little browsing, I've seen there are some really knowledgeable people here. One thing I KNOW for certain, is that this is automatically the BEST Mustang site, as it is the only one dedicated to the 1971-73 Mustang.

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

Yep me to, well powell/clinton. I wondered about the knox vegas but did not say any thing
I've never seen your Mustang driving around town, but I'll definitely keep my eye out for it. Love the color!
Wait till he lets you drive it. :D
I don't presume that I'll have the pleasure, but I certainly wouldn't pass up an invitation. I read over the specs on the engine, and it looks like it should be a real bruiser.

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::
Thanks for the hospitality!

Welcome from N. Alabama! You Tennessee guys should really think about making a trip to the Good Guys Nashville show on May 18,19,20. If not to show, then to drool! Unfortunately, mine has been unable to move on its own for far too long, so I'll just be spectating again this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back