New member from Europe

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome John! Netherlands got serious American muscle, cars and bikes. I think there was a blue blown 71 from Netherlands, but can't remember where I've seen it. Anyhow, welcome bro and nice ride!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a perfect example John. Two of my favorite American Muscle all in Netherlands. 1971 Mach-1 and a 1977 Harley Ironhead..Do you know the owner(s) of these vehicles?

Down to the 1970's motorcycle license plate

2d81aq0.jpg

Here's a perfect example John. Two of my favorite American Muscle all in Netherlands. 1971 Mach-1 and a 1977 Harley Ironhead..Do you know the owner(s) of these vehicles?

2d81aq0.jpg
Unfortunately i don't know the owner of those pieces of American Muscle.

I never saw this car or bike on a meeting.

Nice Ironhead , b.t.w. , i own a HD also , it's a 1942 WLA in original unrestored condition.

We used to stop at the road side pommes frites stands all the time. MMMMMM good memories
+1 here, I don't know what they do or how they do it, but you can't beat Belgian fries!!!!!! Whenever I drive into Belgium, I have to stop for some.

(Getting hungry!)

Jan

How many Mustangs do you figure are running around Holland at this point? Just wondering what do you pay for a litre of gas?
Waaayyyyy to much!! :mad:

John

How many Mustangs do you figure are running around Holland at this point? Just wondering what do you pay for a litre of gas?
Hi Ken,

The U.S. is aprox 232 times bigger then the Netherlands , the Netherlands is aprox 305 x 171 kilometers ( it can almost float in lake Ontario 310 x 85 kilometers ) , we are living there with 17.000.000 people all packed together on 41.528 km² .

I gues there are a couple of thousand mustangs in the Netherlands , 1964 - 2010 ( i know some people from meetings , but i don't know anyone with a mustang who is living in my aria ).

When i go for a car ride on a sunny day , and i'll be on the road whole day , i see 1 or 2 other mustangers.

Most of the time 64 1/2 - 68 , i know only a handfull of guys who own a 71-73 a true Mach1 is verry rare in the Netherlands.

We pay aprox € 1.74 for 1 litre of gas , that's abouth 2.40 CAD ( 2.51 USD ) for 1 litre ( 1 Gallon is aprox 3.78 litre ) , so we pay aprox 9.48 USD for "1" Gallon.

Because of the high prices some of the Dutch V8 drivers choose to convert their car to LPG ( Liquid Propane Gasoline ) , in Canada you'll know this "Impco" stuff , many cars are running on LPG there, in the U.S. they are using it for forklifts etc,etc.

:exclamation:did you know that a V8 runs better on LPG then conventional Gas:exclamation:

So please guys "do not complain abouth increasing gas prices in the U.S or CA"

If someone on this forum wants to donate me some change to fill up my Stang.

please PM me so i can email you the data from my bank acount. rofl

( Still love my Stang ) ,

John

Because of the high prices some of the Dutch V8 drivers choose to convert their car to LPG ( Liquid Propane Gasoline ) , in Canada you'll know this "Impco" stuff , many cars are running on LPG there, in the U.S. they are using it for forklifts etc,etc.
Mine is converted too,:whistling:

By some guys in Eindhoven, by the way. :)

John

Hi Ken,

The U.S. is aprox 232 times bigger then the Netherlands , the Netherlands is aprox 305 x 171 kilometers ( it can almost float in lake Ontario 310 x 85 kilometers ) , we are living there with 17.000.000 people all packed together on 41.528 km² .

I gues there are a couple of thousand mustangs in the Netherlands , 1964 - 2010 ( i know some people from meetings , but i don't know anyone with a mustang who is living in my aria ).

When i go for a car ride on a sunny day , and i'll be on the road whole day , i see 1 or 2 other mustangers.

Most of the time 64 1/2 - 68 , i know only a handfull of guys who own a 71-73 a true Mach1 is verry rare in the Netherlands.

We pay aprox € 1.74 for 1 litre of gas , that's abouth 2.40 CAD ( 2.51 USD ) for 1 litre ( 1 Gallon is aprox 3.78 litre ) , so we pay aprox 9.48 USD for "1" Gallon.

:exclamation:did you know that a V8 runs better on LPG then conventional Gas:exclamation:

So please guys "do not complain abouth increasing gas prices in the U.S or CA"

If someone on this forum wants to donate me some change to fill up my Stang.

please PM me so i can email you the data from my bank acount. rofl

( Still love my Stang ) ,

John
John

I made the same comment to my wife and mother the other day about the Netherlands fitting into Lake Ontario...lol. I was curious about how many old Mustangs were on the road as the last time I was there I caught sight of the rear end of one when my cousin was taking us to Volendam.

WELCOME aboard, John!

It would appear that you are "all in" with the hobby. When you get the chance, please bring your specific questions relative to going back to the "stock" parts in the 'Engine" Forum. You will probably get more specific responses there.

Again, Welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the Forums!

BT

2d81aq0.jpg
Unfortunately i don't know the owner of those pieces of American Muscle.

I never saw this car or bike on a meeting.

Nice Ironhead , b.t.w. , i own a HD also , it's a 1942 WLA in original unrestored condition.
right on! Always amazes me how the knucklheads, panheads, flatheads all show up in Europe in prestine condition. I've heard of stories where they'd find warehouses full of war service HD's. Well, I found the owner and his name is Freek. He owns a Harley repair shop and here's the addy:

Kraaivenstraat 23-20

5048 AB Tilburg

Nederland

Take care,

DJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back