New member from Florida

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I own 2 1971 Mach 1's that have been my passion projects for years. I never was really interested in the 71-73 years but came across the first one at such a good price, I had to buy it. Then I found the second one and now you couldn't pry the keys out of my hands to either. It always starts a conversation when you show both at a show and folks find out you own two. Rear plates are "his mach" and "her mach" if that tells you something about my wife. :heart:
welcome from ft.myers fla

Welcome from SE Michigan..

Post some pics!

Nice pair! Welcome from Chesapeake, VA

I own 2 1971 Mach 1's that have been my passion projects for years. I never was really interested in the 71-73 years but came across the first one at such a good price, I had to buy it. Then I found the second one and now you couldn't pry the keys out of my hands to either. It always starts a conversation when you show both at a show and folks find out you own two. Rear plates are "his mach" and "her mach" if that tells you something about my wife. :heart:
I basically did the same thing but we share mine. She rides in it while I drive it. Tried to tell her manual transmission were a breeze to drive, but she said it is too muscle for her to keep under control so I put a gears vendors over drive in it then told her,to just take it easy on the gas pedal to clutch then when out onto the local routes driving above 45mph, just push the button on the stick and just kick back. Well,.....did not convince her.

WELCOME FROM CHICAGO. WHERE IN FLORDIA ARE YOU. WE ARE IN LAKELAND FOR WINTERS
Looks a little like the mustang behind the story on world news recently which man gave up his to take care of his family 24 years ago and up to date, his 4 siblings found that specific car he owned in Florida and purchased it for him.

As for mine, a 72 convertible, purchased it for 2,300 dollars. Thought the add in the classifieds in Pittsburg Trib was a typographical error. boy did it need work but this way over a 10 year period, put humpty dumpty back together the way I wanted it to be. this way, felt I found myself a little short on cash to do all the work all at the same time but thought about ie 72 mustang convertible, red exterior, black interior but not the engine I would want and to go through pull the AT out for a Hurst 4-speed as well to pull our the regular 302 for the boss 351 I would not settle less for as well reconfigure from single exhaust to dual exhaust.....finding the original radio as well, who knows with same as 100 some thousand miles on it, really did not like the color nor pin striping and this case do not know how much will have to put into it for defections hidden away, how well was the body if at all reworked, all for 20 thousand back in 2000, car show on Daytona Speedway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Florida.... Cocoa Beach area.....

Welcome from the Florida panhandle, also known as LA...................wait fer it.............. Lower Alabama, Hehheh

Tubo
Are you residing anywhere near Pensacola? I have lived from 1983-2003 from Pinellas, Lee, Collier, and Volusia Counties. I finally pulled a twist to retiring, instead of down south, I am retired north to Latrobe, PA. My wife and an old air force bud has been in Pensacola. I feel in all the time in Florida, missed seeing the best area in Florida-where as born and raised in upstate NY, I missed 20 years of my life away from the 4 seasons. On my 10 year project, my 72 q-code convertible has finally been submitted for Feb slot of COTM. When you get the chance, I hope you view my COTM submission as favorably as I have included with the 10 years of input consolidated between the article and photos here to find interesting enough to vote on it. My user/VIP member name is cpycat. Thnx for your time,

Mikke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back