New Member in DFW

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rocro

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1
351 4v CJ Q code
Ram Air
Auto, P.S., Front Disc
Wimbledon White
photo.JPGHello from DFW area, I am new to the forum and the new owner of a '72 Q code Mach 1 :

351C 4v CJ, Ram Air, C6 auto, ac, ps, pwr frt. disc, 3:50 trac-loc, 15" Magnum 500 Wheels.

It is Wimbledon White, with deluxe Vermillion int.

I bought it from a friend who had it in storage for the last 10 years or so. It has a complete Marti report. The car was originally purchased by a Naval Service Officer, and exported to Japan from the factory.

The car is in VG condition, and is almost completely original (paint, interior, engine, and trans.) The only non-original items I have found so far are the Edelbrock carb., and the radio. The C6 trans. and differential have been rebuilt.

I look forward to learning more as I go, and appreciate any feedback.

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from West Virginia and post some pics when you get the chance!

Welcome to the forum from Pensacola. Awesome buy?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

::welcome:: from Maine

Wimbledon white and red vermillion is a great combination for the 72 Mach 1. You scored big the first time around, and a Q Code at that! Well done. Warm welcome to you from the sunshine state.

Lol, sorry that was supposed to be awesome buy!

Lol, sorry that was supposed to be awesome buy!

Thanks Whitecheez, thought I might have something to worry about.

I think I have a good start to a great car. The main things to get sorted out are:

Interior - drivers seat needs attention, need to see if I need new upholstery or just repair.

AC-original York compressor, will most likely convert to Sanden R134a kit.

Need to upgrade seat belts to 3-point with shoulder harness (to make wife happy)

Just getting started, appreciate any suggestions.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back