New springs and shocks

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q Code Fastback
I'm finally happy with the stance of my car and it drives so much better. The car has previously been lowered and I have lifted it back up a little but it's so much more practical now. Drives so much firmer on the road now.

image.jpg

I'm finally happy with the stance of my car and it drives so much better. The car has previously been lowered and I have lifted it back up a little but it's so much more practical now. Drives so much firmer on the road now.
Nice. What wheels are you running.

Nope - them be 15"s. ::thumb::

Agreed on looking like 275/60R15s on 15x8s out back (could be 295s, though)... but guessing on 15x7s with 235/60R15s up front?

I'm also curious as to the suspension set-up you have under there. I need to boost up the back-end of mine just a tad and get the front down about an inch. I already have the 5-spring leaf pack in mine, but need front 1" drop springs and maybe 1" longer shackles out back.

Along the same lines: does anybody know of some adjustable coil-overs that can utilize the stock control arms (i.e., simply remove the stock coils & shocks and bolt-in the coilovers)?

Nope - them be 15"s. ::thumb::

Agreed on looking like 275/60R15s on 15x8s out back (could be 295s, though)... but guessing on 15x7s with 235/60R15s up front?

I'm also curious as to the suspension set-up you have under there. I need to boost up the back-end of mine just a tad and get the front down about an inch. I already have the 5-spring leaf pack in mine, but need front 1" drop springs and maybe 1" longer shackles out back.

Along the same lines: does anybody know of some adjustable coil-overs that can utilize the stock control arms (i.e., simply remove the stock coils & shocks and bolt-in the coilovers)?
Can't disagree with the tire set up.....but they look too wide to be 60's in the back.

As for your spring set up...the Crown Vic "Police edition" seems to have what you seek. I'm looking to see what years but that's what I want too. My friend in Va.. has that set up on his Torino...I'll ask what year he got but says the big ole Torino handles like a race car.

Spot on. 15x10 Torque Thrust II rims with 295/50/15 tyres.

5 leaf spring pack. I wanted that old school muscle look and this does it for me. Tyres need to be replaced soon as they're a bit old and hard.

Tranny and torque converter being changed out next week. FMX out and C4 in and change dif ratio from 2.8 to 3.25.

Should be sweet. Can't wait.

Latest posts

Back