New to the forum

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from nearby Birmingham AL! This is by far the best site for "our cars!" You will learn much here. Enjoy!

Sorry, I wasn't finished!

Welcome from Western North Carolina to the forum.

Since you are in North Georgia there is a great Mustang club there you can hook up with. They have the longest running Mustang show each year in Maggie Valley, N.C. in the fall. It is the N.E. Georgia Mustang Club here is link to their info for the Maggie Valley event. I had two cars there last year.

thanks all, thought I had posted a reply but do not see it.  Funny about Maggie Valley, I had an SSR for 2 years and the big meet for them is also at Maggie valley although I did not attend any.  I had the SSR for 2 years but because I had 4 Fords as DD they were plotting against it and it was time for it to go (also the cup holders SUCKED!!).  So I sold it and bought a 2014 Mustang to replace it, pictured below.  Just had time to roll out the '72 to see it in light for the first time, and as many I suspect, missed a lot of things when I bought it (it was snowy and gray and I was tired).  Body is in good shape, no bondo that I can tell, magnet sticks to everything.  Seeing it in sunlight today I realized I need to replace all the weather stripping, back window, side windows, etc.  Quite a few chips in the paint I hope to address myself, I am waiting on a local classic car mechanic to schedule it in.  First thing I want to do is have the brakes, suspension, etc. checked out before I being cosmetics.  Lots of interior cleaning (paint) and a LOT to clean in the engine bay, but so far it seems to run good and no leaks.  Just changed the oil yesterday, front spoiler is off as I had to remove it to load car on the trailer for the trip home.  I think I am going to paint the front and rear spoiler the silver color to match the stripes. I also want to put 15" tires with Magnum 500's on it.  I hate the fact it leans back so I hope to add new leaf springs to pick up the sag, I see NPD sells one that says it will give it a bit of a lift (unless anyone has a better suggestion?).  Also since some asked below also are my other past classic muscle cars, my '68 AMX and my '72 Javelin AMX, sold both a few years ago.

ford focus titanium 0 60

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice cars all. Assuming the rubber bushing are not decayed, the rear is not sagging, the front is higher than the back as they came from the factory. Cutting 1/2 coil from the front springs drops the front about .75 inch and evens things out. If you feel you must have new rear springs cal Eaton Detroit Springs. They build to original Ford specs. Many after market springs (front and rear) cause many cars to look like they should be 4WD. Chuck

You are correct in that your spoiler should be Argent like the stripes. 

I do not know if you know what a Marti Report is or not. You can get a Marti report and it gives you the options your car had when delivered. The simple report is $18.00 and you will get it by email in a week or so.

As with most hoods they always get the Argent or black paint incorrect. When you did not have hood locks you did not get the paint. 

This is a pic of an original note the distance from the raised area to the edge of the argent on yours compared. It is common since lots of bad info out there and stencils are also wrong.

99.9% of the people that view it will never know so I would not worry about it. If you want the hood locks they are available. 

I was surprised it did not have hood locks but pleased as I am not a fan of them, I like a cleaner look.  While I like to keep the older cars looking like they did when manufactured I am not going for a 100% correct car this time around, no more concours shows for me.  When at my first, Hilton Head, and both cars winning awards I knew I would never top that lol.  I also do not want to pour $30,000 into a restoration.  I want first to make sure all mechanical are up to snuff then will tackle the cosmetics.  Will clean the engine bay the best I can with engine in place,  it had a full rebuild 5,000 miles ago so hopefully all is well there.  I do have a Marti report the the prior owner obtained.  Engine now has a 4 bbl carb on it and was advised the gears have been upgraded but to what unknown.

Last edited by a moderator:

I do not know if you know what a Marti Report is or not. You can get a Marti report and it gives you the options your car had when delivered. The simple report is $18.00 and you will get it by email in a week or so.

As with most hoods they always get the Argent or black paint incorrect. When you did not have hood locks you did not get the paint. 

This is a pic of an original note the distance from the raised area to the edge of the argent on yours compared. It is common since lots of bad info out there and stencils are also wrong.

99.9% of the people that view it will never know so I would not worry about it. If you want the hood locks they are available. 
Hey Dave, looks like your LH fender and hood are a totally different color than the rest of the car! I'm wondering how original that is?

Hey Dave, looks like your LH fender and hood are a totally different color than the rest of the car! I'm wondering how original that is?
If you go back in threads you will see where I state that I loaned the car to a friend. He scraped a mail box on the R.H. fender and he had it fixed and never matched. I left it since it is part of the past.

If you go back in threads you will see where I state that I loaned the car to a friend. He scraped a mail box on the R.H. fender and he had it fixed and never matched. I left it since it is part of the past.
Dave, no, I'm not talking about your RH fender. I am talking about your hood and LH fender! Your hood and left fender have a different color than the rest of the car! It is your hood and LH fender that doesn't match!!

Dave, no, I'm not talking about your RH fender. I am talking about your hood and LH fender! Your hood and left fender have a different color than the rest of the car! It is your hood and LH fender that doesn't match!!
I guess you are just seeing the LED lights playing games.

Back