Next 4 projects

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q code Mach 1
The next 4 projects are . . .

1.) Install new Holley 850CFM double pumper and tune to the engine.

Job time estimate with tuning 4+ hours, Without tuning 45 mins or less

(I have the carb, I know the formulas, and I do not want to rehash the fact that it is too big for my engine-if I am wrong, I will return to the current carb.)

2. Install the new MPG strut braces and monte carlo bar

Job time estimate 45 minutes if I don't change the valve covers and go thru and check/adjust the valves while I am at it 2 hours if I do.

(Parts are enroute, and should be here when I get back from vacation on the 3rd or soon thereafter)

If I can knock out all 4 in a free weekend, I'll be buying my helper all the beer he can drink. He's a great guy and is known on various Mustang forums as Jeff73Mach1 ;)

3. Move battery to the trunk with all appropriate rewiring, box mounting etc.

Job time estimate is 4-5 hours to remove the interior panel, run all wiring as hidden as possible and clean up a few straggler wires. Could be a lot more or a lot less.

4. Remove windshield washer tank and pump, install Explorer tank with overflow for the radiator integral.

Should take less than an hour even with some clean up of the tank, testing of the motor and wire splicing.

Last edited by a moderator:
The next 4 projects are . . .

1.) Install new Holley 850CFM double pumper and tune to the engine.

Job time estimate with tuning 4+ hours, Without tuning 45 mins or less

(I have the carb, I know the formulas, and I do not want to rehash the fact that it is too big for my engine-if I am wrong, I will return to the current carb.)

2. Install the new MPG strut braces and monte carlo bar

Job time estimate 45 minutes if I don't change the valve covers and go thru and check/adjust the valves while I am at it 2 hours if I do.

(Parts are enroute, and should be here when I get back from vacation on the 3rd or soon thereafter)

If I can knock out all 4 in a free weekend, I'll be buying my helper all the beer he can drink. He's a great guy and is known on various Mustang forums as Jeff73Mach1 ;)

3. Move battery to the trunk with all appropriate rewiring, box mounting etc.

Job time estimate is 4-5 hours to remove the interior panel, run all wiring as hidden as possible and clean up a few straggler wires. Could be a lot more or a lot less.

4. Remove windshield washer tank and pump, install Explorer tank with overflow for the radiator integral.

Should take less than an hour even with some clean up of the tank, testing of the motor and wire splicing.

So now to the poll
Can't wait to see the Explorer tank... I am currently without a wiper washer reservoir and overflow tank as well.

I'll be buying my helper all the beer he can drink. He's a great guy and is known on various Mustang forums as Jeff73Mach1 ;)
Then I should be hearing the "clip clop" of the Clydesdale's shortly.

Sincerely,:D

Jeff73Mach1

P.S.

I am a great guy.

Well the hopes for the Explorer tank are now shot. while it will "fit" it sits at an angle and looks crappy. I thought about separating the two halves and just using the overflow tank side, but there really in's a good accessible spot. I have this great stainless tank that I can almost fit in the car-operative word being almost. So I am back to looking for more options. Maybe one of those aluminum beer bottles with a hole punched in the top is the way to go.

25p02ef.jpg

Good to see another that makes good use of all cold refreshements. Recycling will save the earth you know. Me I keep trying and forgetting to get those 1/2 beer cans for metal painting. Bill and I will keep trying though! :p

Wow, great use of "funny time". Is the time estimate some sort of inverse code like what Spock and Captain Kirk used in the Wrath of Kahn? Where 4 hours is really 4 days.... :)

Crap... I head to the mountains and things get pretty interesting with Jeff's multi-dimensional projects along with the Wrath of Khan time warp issues.

Barry, I believe this falls within your Kuleana. After all, you're the tech/Khan guru, right? :p

Back