Nice Score - 67 Fairlane 390 GT

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me say what everybody else wont...... I HATE YOU!!!! :D

Please take pic's and if you bought that car under 6000.00 we dont wont to hear the price!!!! If you paid more....then we can dial the hate down a bit.
$3k, clean title. Let the hating begin...

But now you know why I couldn't pass it up! :D
3g's????? a 390 car???? gawd..... I would give up my Mach I TODAY for a 67 much less a 390 car!!!

Great acquisition and fire sale price! They are great cars and the FE experience is great. Enjoy. Chuck

Hope to get some this weekend. It't been colder than h**l here (-9 a couple days ago). Just too cold to uncover it & shoot. Be in the 50's this weekend, so hopefully I can get some pics.

20130120_152817.jpg20130120_152759.jpg20130120_152711.jpg

OK, so I finally got the parts in the garage sorted out enough that I could get the car in. So, here are some pics. Keep in mind, I said the body was pristine, not the paint. There's obviously cleanup to do, and the passenger side door is in the trunk, awaiting getting its rust hold repaired. Most of the crap stacked on top and underneath is trash that goes out this week, by the way. Only the couple of grey bins have real parts in them.

That car is friggin' awesome, especially for that price! Congrats on the purchase. Keep us in the loop on it's progress.

I was going thru my old posts today, and realized I hadn't gotten around to posting pictures of my completed Fairlane.  It took me about 5 years to do.  So, here goes.  This is a stock paint job, interior, etc.  The chrome on the engine is stock as well, because it has the GT package.

I was going thru my old posts today, and realized I hadn't gotten around to posting pictures of my completed Fairlane.  It took me about 5 years to do.  So, here goes.  This is a stock paint job, interior, etc.  The chrome on the engine is stock as well, because it has the GT package.

Beautiful!

Such a timeless classic design. The Ford and Mercury versions of this body style were both pleasing to the eye and when optioned correctly, were very capable of holding their own on the street or track.

Unfortunately, in the 70's I saw many of them (along with a lot of SS Chevelles) get chopped up and used for race cars at the local circle dirt track. Cheap, available in abundance and with no collectible value then, they were used up and tossed aside with no thought.

I do have one friend who has a 67 427 Fairlane I have wanted for years. I can promise you I have tried everything including "Name Your Price" to get it from him. He now has severe back problems which means he can no longer depress the clutch pedal in the car. He does crank it occasionally but that is about it. He wants to leave it to one of his sons who have absolutely NO interest in the car. What will probably happen is by the time he passes away and his sons sell it for pennies on the dollar, I will be broke or too old to press the truck like clutch myself!   :whistling:

Looking great for sure. That vinyl top really sets the car off. When I went to Scotty Strickland's Mustang junkyard he had several of the BB Fairlanes in sheds but will not sell complete cars.

BTW do you know where the name Fairlane came from?
It was the name of Henry Ford's mansion.

Back