Occupations

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took a early retirement due to health issuses and now I have the time to get my 77 Ranchero back on the road, swap parts from one 73 Grande to the wifes "new" 73 Grande, (her birthday present) and build custom furniture, rebuild my stock photography inventory, work on our 2 acres of land, take care of another piece of property, -2 1/2 acres. I turned wrenchs for a living on everything from weedeaters to transit buses, managed a shop, trained mechanics, was a freelance photographer and have 5 tool boxes crammed full of mechanics tools and my "big" tool box is a Snap on " MUSTANG" box. Our 2 car garage is now my woodworking shop until I win the lottery and can afford to enlarge it the way I want to. I also do alot of the cooking, cleaning, shopping, yard work like a good "retired" husband should do. I have learned over the years that if "shes not happy, neither will you"

I am now retired. Was a tool & die maker in 60's and 70's went into engineering and was tooling engineer and product engineer. I helped design parts and tooling for Ford, Toyota, BMW, Mercedes, Honda, John Deere, Husqvarna and others. My last job was Engineering Manager at a tool shop in WuHu China. That was to make money to support my Mustang habit. Built my first car in 1964 / 65 while in high school. Work took all my time tooooo long so retire as soon as you can.

What a wide verity of people into the best years that mustang were made. We have attorneys, police, mechanics, architects, IT people, trash men, mustang babes, rocket scientists, teachers and a whole lot of old people. So if we were on our own island with this great group of people sooner or later my services would be needed as I have been a Funeral Director for more than 20 years and I love helping people during the worst time of their life.
First how do you know you are helping them? Second how do they know you helped?

DANG I'M in the WRONG BUSINESS!!!!

Customers always have a smile

Customers always look better than they've been seen in years

Customers always seem positive, their looking up

Customers always seem to get dressed up to be there

No rejects

No complaints

No service calls

No data base mining

No lawsuits or limited for sure

No complaints for service intervals

No refunds

No discounts

No "parts to order"

No complaints on shipping

No telemarketing

No need to say WELCOME TO XXX Business

No warranty claims

No "Body" ever knows if they received good care or not

Only need to turn the lights on if a visitor is in the building

Only need heat while visitors arrive

Only need a/c while visitors arrive

Bill them in advance or arrangements in advance

Less bounced checks

Transportation Pick up only no delivery

Transportation ..... one way only

Transportation ... every customer gets a ride in a Caddy

No "customer service department required"

Sounds like it's time for a career change. :)

No, seriously, I really respect people in the funeral business. The dead bodies you get used to but the grieving families would probably take their toll and bring me down after a while.

I have over the last 29 years worked in the toolcrib (toolmaker/adjuster from pneumatic / DC / battery tools) for Ford Genk until the plant was closing at the end of 2014.

:mad:

Now I'm looking for a new job ...

:(

Last edited by a moderator:

No, seriously, I really respect people in the funeral business. The dead bodies you get used to but the grieving families would probably take their toll and bring me down after a while.
see that's where you and I differ...the car guy in me would arrange to meet with the grieving families and after a few well placed consoling moments I would migrate into his or her hobbies allowing them to talk through their grief and discuss their loved one and the things they loved giving the remaining family some peace discussing the happy moments of the deceased life. Therefore giving closure and peace for them....at that moment I would dissect the information for left over classics still sitting in the garage and POUNCE on buying it!!!!:cool:

see that's where you and I differ...the car guy in me would arrange to meet with the grieving families and after a few well placed consoling moments I would migrate into his or her hobbies allowing them to talk through their grief and discuss their loved one and the things they loved giving the remaining family some peace discussing the happy moments of the deceased life. Therefore giving closure and peace for them....at that moment I would dissect the information for left over classics still sitting in the garage and POUNCE on buying it!!!!:cool:
I can see it as a positive to aid in the recovery process. The car is a reminder and the removal of the car will help reduce their grief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a shot of what I do managing the construction on our previously mentioned project. This in Samsung Heavy Industries shipyard here in Korea where I "live". The yard employs ~30,000 workers. This is one of 12 modules (85,000 tonnes in all). This one weighs 6,500 tonnes.

On the hook with yours truly in the middle.

Lifted and heading over to the hull via an 8000 tonne floating crane and tugs to precisely move it.

Cool beans, eh?

847CVS-Ferrari-Spezial-Reach-Stacker045.jpg

Edm .... without me ....your stuff doesnt work.... :D :D :D But I'm digg'n tha big cranes!!! that is impressive!!

FT-10.jpg

this is one of my mid-range products carrying 60,000 lbs of coil. Note the size comparison of choo choo next to it.

I'm a heavy Equipment operator and I work out of the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 181, Distric 6.... I mainly run Excavators, but I can and have ran most everything else... I'm working on my 19th year now, and gonna try to get 10 or 12 more in before I hang it up...

I was an electrical and environmental systems controller in the United States Air Force, I then jumped directly into the local 1 IBEW apprenticeship program and continue to work in the union as a commercial journeyman wireman. When work is slow, I also carry a teamster's card and play the part of the beer man.

I'm a software tester for a contractor of Maryland's Department of Health and Mental Hygiene

I retired from the phone company several years ago. Steve runs our company making pull out shelves for kitchen cabinets. If anyone needs to score points with their spouse so you can spend more on your Mustang

www.ShelvesThatSlide.com

I retired from the phone company several years ago. Steve runs our company making pull out shelves for kitchen cabinets. If anyone needs to score points with their spouse so you can spend more on your Mustang

www.ShelvesThatSlide.com
Last year I installed several pull out shelves and the Frau loves them, I even "admit" they're great. Had I known a fellow 7173 member had them I would have ordered from you.

Jim

With all those fancy job titles i'm kinda embarrased to say that i'm just a plumber

So, what do you guys do to help support your Mustang addictions?

I am a Heavy Duty Parts Manager for Mack, Volvo and UD/Nissan Diesel Trucks. I also specialize in antique Mack parts. I work for a Mack dealer in South Western Pa and we ship antique Mack parts all over the world. We also handle parts, sales and service for New Macks, Volvos and UD! Keeps me pretty busy but allows me a lot of time on the keyboard to manage the dealership website, forum and some of my other projects (like this! LOL)

So that's enough about me...how about you guys?
Since you supply Mack parts can you help with a new drive chain for this one? LOL I was in Cuba last month and saw this one I think they said 5 ton.

This guy did not have many vehicles but a few that were odd. I could not find out who the owner was he also had a Cadillac that I think might be first year or very close.

I am retired from automotive tooling engineer, I am one of the guys that got all the tooling made for producing your cars.

David

So, what do you guys do to help support your Mustang addictions?

I am a Heavy Duty Parts Manager for Mack, Volvo and UD/Nissan Diesel Trucks. I also specialize in antique Mack parts. I work for a Mack dealer in South Western Pa and we ship antique Mack parts all over the world. We also handle parts, sales and service for New Macks, Volvos and UD! Keeps me pretty busy but allows me a lot of time on the keyboard to manage the dealership website, forum and some of my other projects (like this! LOL)

So that's enough about me...how about you guys?
Since you supply Mack parts can you help with a new drive chain for this one? LOL I was in Cuba last month and saw this one I think they said 5 ton.

This guy did not have many vehicles but a few that were odd. I could not find out who the owner was he also had a Cadillac that I think might be first year or very close.

I am retired from automotive tooling engineer, I am one of the guys that got all the tooling made for producing your cars.

David
WHERE IS THAT? My brother collects old trucks and I believe he would be a buyer IF it is for sale. Is it me or does that truck ACTUALLY look like the Mack bulldog hood ornament? :D

Back